teaching, settings and evaluation
Rhedir gan School of Medical and Health Sciences
20.000 Credyd neu 10.000 Credyd ECTS
Trefnydd: Dr Jenny Byast
This module will provide the students with an understanding of the teaching, learning and assessment theory that should underpin their own teaching. Students will gain the skills to appraise their own teaching and learning. The course helps them to reflect on how they interact with students and particularly what adjustments they need to make for students with different needs through reflection and peer review.
Key Concepts in adult learning theory
- Learning styles
- Delivery of teaching
- Forms of assessment
- Use of technology
- Appraisal of clinical teaching in a variety of settings
- Understand goal of session
- Understand pedagogic models
- Evaluate efficacy of session
- Critical appraisal of session
Merit (60 -69%):
Students will demonstrate a sound level of knowledge, understanding, and skills required for meeting the learning outcomes. Students will demonstrate familiarity with and the ability to apply a range of approaches, methods and conceptual tools. Self-reflection and practice improvement will be based on reasonable theoretical rationale. There will be evidence of attaining a sound knowledge of material contained in set texts or reading materials and undertaking wider reading. All completed assessment exercises will be at a proficient level. Written work will be of good quality, only with minor errors but largely based on the module materials with limited evidene of wider reading and critical thinking.
Distinction (70% and over):
Students will demonstrate a high level of knowledge, understanding, and skills for meeting the learning outcomes. Students will demonstrate a high level of analysis of own experience in relation to the theories and applications of the theories. There will be evidence of attaining an advanced knowledge of material beyond that contained in set texts and has done considerable wider reading. All completed assessment exercises will be at a high standard. Written work will be clear and concise, without errors.
Higher A marks require clear evidence of wider reading and critical thinking.
Pass (50 – 59%):
Students will demonstrate a basic level of knowledge, understanding, and skills required for meeting the learning outcomes. Students will demonstrate a general level of understanding of the practical and theoretical perspectives and are able to make some references to relevant literature. For the critical analysis, students will have attained a basic knowledge of material contained in set texts or reading materials with the links between theory and own practice fairly clear in parts. Students will have satisfactorily completed essential assessment exercises. Written work will be acceptable but with a number of errors evident.
Develop Reflection and Analytical skills
Design and plan learning activities underpinned by relevant theory
Teach and support learning
Assess and give feedback to learners
Develop effective learning enviornments and approaches to student support and guidance
Ability to use resources efficiently and effectively
|CYFLWYNIAD UNIGOL||Teaching Session and Peer Review||
Students create a teaching session including session plan and assessment The students present their plan to their cohort and will be assessed by their peers through the completion of a teaching evaluation form Focussing on Session Plan Learning outcomes Flow of presentation Assessment designed from content of Power Point
|Written assignment, including essay||Reflection||
Students reflect on a teaching session they have undertaken using relevant theory and literature to support their argument/statements In particular commenting on Preparation The learning environment Student Engagement Reflective Analysis Action Plan Conclusion
Strategaeth addysgu a dysgu
Students review the provided materials and work through their assignments.
Tutorials via email or skype to discuss drafts of assignments
Students view the panopto recordings and then join a skype meeting to discuss the presentations on blackboard. Skype meetings will be held to discuss the assignments and provide tutorials for coursework
- Llythrennedd - Medrusrwydd mewn darllen ac ysgrifennu drwy amrywiaeth o gyfryngau
- Defnyddio cyfrifiaduron - Medrusrwydd wrth ddefnyddio ystod o feddalwedd cyfrifiadurol
- Hunanreolaeth - Gallu gweithio mewn ffordd effeithlon, prydlon a threfnus. Gallu edrych ar ganlyniadau tasgau a digwyddiadau, a barnu lefelau o ansawdd a phwysigrwydd
- Archwilio - Gallu ymchwilio ac ystyried dewisiadau eraill
- Adalw gwybodaeth - Gallu mynd at wahanol ac amrywiol ffynonellau gwybodaeth
- Dadansoddi Beirniadol & Datrys Problem - Gallu dadelfennu a dadansoddi problemau neu sefyllfaoedd cymhleth. Gallu canfod atebion i broblemau drwy ddadansoddiadau ac archwilio posibiliadau
- Dadl - Gallu cyflwyno, trafod a chyfiawnhau barn neu lwybr gweithredu, naill ai gydag unigolyn neu mewn grwˆp ehangach
- Hunanymwybyddiaeth & Ystyried - Bod yn ymwybodol o'ch cryfderau, gwendidau, nodau ac amcanion eich hun. Gallu adolygu ,cloriannu a myfyrio'n rheolaidd ar eich perfformiad eich hun ac eraill.