Rhedir gan School of Arts, Culture and Language
30.000 Credyd neu 15.000 Credyd ECTS
Trefnydd: Dr Iwan Llewelyn Jones
This module is designed to enable students to further develop their performance skills as instrumentalists, singers, conductors, accompanists or chamber musicians. Students will receive individual tuition with a specialist tutor, addressing advanced technique, style and interpretation. In addition, students will attend and participate in fortnightly workshops, led by the module tutor, which will address more generally the skills required of a performer, and will enable students to develop in confidence, experience and knowledge.
It is intended for performers already working at a near-professional standard, or who have the potential to achieve such standards.
The content of this module will include the advanced consideration of performance technique, pedagogy, analysis, interpretation studies, performance studies, programming, writing programme notes, and preparing for performance. Workshops will also consider stage presentation and the role of communication in performance.
Weighting of topics will vary from year to year, responding to performer specialisms and student interests.
Threshold (50-59) Performances which are mostly accurate and stylistically appropriate, with programme notes (or spoken introductions) that are informative and coherent.
Good (60-69) Performances which are always accurate and stylistically aware, demonstrating some originality of interpretative approach, with programme notes (or spoken introductions) that are interesting and insightful.
Excellent (70+) Performances which are technically impressive and stylistically convincing, demonstrating strong originality in interpretative approach, with programme notes (or spoken introductions) that are thought-provoking and highly original.
Upon successful completion of the module, a student will be able to demonstrate the ability to programme and perform a specialist repertoire/broad recital which adheres to and conveys a detailed levels of understanding of the structure, context and instrumental technique.
Upon successful completion of the module, a student will be able to demonstrate the ability to communicate in text a rational, analysis and appraisal of recital repertoire.
Upon successful completion of the module, a student will be able to demonstrate the ability to interact and complement the accompanimental part in a conversant manner.
Strategaeth addysgu a dysgu
|Supervised time in studio/workshop||
12 hours of individual tuition on the student’s instrument, voice or other specialist study. These will normally take place at the rate of 1 hour per week, but the frequency and length may vary depending on the instrument or voice type.
Private daily practice. Musicological/pedagogical research to provide context and a deeper understanding of performance issues and to collate scholarly information for the programme notes.
One workshop of 2 hours’ duration fortnightly, to include masterclass and performance opportunities.
- Hunanreolaeth - Gallu gweithio mewn ffordd effeithlon, prydlon a threfnus. Gallu edrych ar ganlyniadau tasgau a digwyddiadau, a barnu lefelau o ansawdd a phwysigrwydd
- Archwilio - Gallu ymchwilio ac ystyried dewisiadau eraill
- Adalw gwybodaeth - Gallu mynd at wahanol ac amrywiol ffynonellau gwybodaeth
- Sgiliau Rhyngbersonol - Gallu gofyn cwestiynau, gwrando'n astud ar atebion a'u harchwilio
- Dadansoddi Beirniadol & Datrys Problem - Gallu dadelfennu a dadansoddi problemau neu sefyllfaoedd cymhleth. Gallu canfod atebion i broblemau drwy ddadansoddiadau ac archwilio posibiliadau
- Cyflwyniad - Gallu cyflwyno gwybodaeth ac esboniadau yn glir i gynulleidfa. Trwy gyfryngau ysgrifenedig neu ar lafar yn glir a hyderus.
- Gwaith Tîm - Gallu cydweithio'n adeiladol ag eraill ar dasg gyffredin, ac/neu fod yn rhan o dîm gweithio o ddydd i ddydd
- Mentora - Gallu cefnogi, helpu, arwain, ysbrydoli ac/neu hyfforddi eraill
- Rheloaeth - Gallu defnyddio, cydlynu a rheoli adnoddau (dynol, ffisegol ac/neu ariannol)
- Dadl - Gallu cyflwyno, trafod a chyfiawnhau barn neu lwybr gweithredu, naill ai gydag unigolyn neu mewn grwˆp ehangach
- Hunanymwybyddiaeth & Ystyried - Bod yn ymwybodol o'ch cryfderau, gwendidau, nodau ac amcanion eich hun. Gallu adolygu ,cloriannu a myfyrio'n rheolaidd ar eich perfformiad eich hun ac eraill.
- Arweinyddiaeth - Gallu arwain a rheoli, datblygu cynlluniau gweithredu ac amcanion, cynnig arweiniad a chyfarwyddyd i eraill, ac ymdopi â'r pwysau sy'n gysylltiedig ag awdurdod o'r fath
Sgiliau pwnc penodol
- Musicianship skills – recognition, classification, contextualisation, reconstruction, exploration
- Re-creative skills – interpretation, innovation, versatility, and other skills relating to performance
- Intellectual skills specific to Music – contextual knowledge, cultural awareness, critical understanding, repertoire knowledge, curiosity, analytical demonstration
- Technological skills – digital capture, digital expression, digital innovation
- Intellectual skills shared with other disciplines – research and exploration, reasoning and logic, understanding, critical judgement, assimilation and application
- Skills of communication and interaction – oral and written communication, public presentation, team-working and collaboration, awareness of professional protocols, sensitivity, ICT skills, etc.
- Skills of personal management – self-motivation, self-critical awareness, independence, entrepreneurship and employment skills, time management and reliability, organisation, etc.
- Enhanced powers of imagination and creativity (4.17)
Rhestrau Darllen Bangor (Talis)http://readinglists.bangor.ac.uk/modules/wmp-4112.html
Rhagofynion a Chydofynion
Cyrsiau sy’n cynnwys y modiwl hwn
Opsiynol mewn cyrsiau:
- W3BG: MMus Performance year 1 (MMUS/MUSP)