Community Arts Placement
Rhedir gan School of Arts, Culture and Language
20.000 Credyd neu 10.000 Credyd ECTS
Trefnydd: Dr Gwawr Ifan
This module will enable a student to:
- explore several different aspects of arts management or arts administration;
- give a clear idea of the range of personal and professional skills required in arts administration work;
- acquaint students with the theoretical basis underpinning an informed approach to the promotion and management of the arts;
- help students develop a range of practical skills involved in the field of arts administration;
- make a specific study of an identified aspect of community activity, possibly involving analysis of present resources and recommendations for improvement;
- produce a detailed report on and analysis of the project, identifying the achievement and challenges faced in each case.
This module offers students the opportunity to achieve a degree of working knowledge – both theoretical and practical – in the field of arts administration. During the semester, the students will plan and undertake an extended independent placement of at least 40 hours within the community, with a specific defined goal. This may be in the Bangor area or elsewhere: a possible institution could be a school, arts centre or other arts organisation (e.g. festival, music society, orchestra). The project will have a clearly defined brief with an attainable target or targets: it might involve market research on behalf of an arts centre, with a view to producing a series of recommendations on policy, or it might involve organization of a series of educational workshops on a specific theme for a local school or schools. Students may wish to focus on the same community project (e.g. the Bangor Music Festival), given that their specific responsibilities are clearly defined in their individual briefs.
B- to B+ The work should display a sound grasp of the subject, a good level of conceptual thought, awareness of the main issues, with evidence of intellectual acumen and very good expression.
C- i C+
C- to C+ Work which displays fair knowledge of the subject, with some ability at conceptual thought (albeit inconsistent or otherwise flawed), and a general awareness of issues, with evidence of a generally intellectual approach, with good expression.
D- to D+ Work which displays basic, restricted knowledge of the subject with limited ability at conceptual thought, and a limited awareness of issues, but has some evidence of a generally intellectual approach, with fair expression.
Please also see the Explicit Marking Criteria for Musicology: https://my.bangor.ac.uk/handbook/content.php.en?nid=16093
A- to A** Work which displays a thorough grasp of the subject, with evidence of further study, deeper thought, originality of approach and excellent written skills.
On completion of the module, students will be able to analyse the various factors involved in arts management.
On completion of the module, students will be able to carry out a specific study of an identified aspect of community activity.
On completion of the module, students will be able to take personal, social and administrative responsibility within a prescribed community context, involving a considerable degree of independent work.
On completion of the module, students will be able to apply a variety of communication skills, as appropriate for this level of study.
On completion of the module, students will be able to analyse the theoretical basis underpinning an informed approach to the promotion of the arts in the community.
Presentation topics provided in the module handbook, given at the start of the module.
Students will need to confirm their placement brief by reading week.
|LLYFR LOG NEU BORTFFOLIO||Placement logs||
Log outline will be made available on Blackboard at the beginning of the semester.
Strategaeth addysgu a dysgu
Individual supervision as required, up to a total of 4 hours.
Including preparation for classes and assignments.
Held in Weeks 1, 3, 5, 7 and 9.
- Llythrennedd - Medrusrwydd mewn darllen ac ysgrifennu drwy amrywiaeth o gyfryngau
- Hunanreolaeth - Gallu gweithio mewn ffordd effeithlon, prydlon a threfnus. Gallu edrych ar ganlyniadau tasgau a digwyddiadau, a barnu lefelau o ansawdd a phwysigrwydd
- Archwilio - Gallu ymchwilio ac ystyried dewisiadau eraill
- Adalw gwybodaeth - Gallu mynd at wahanol ac amrywiol ffynonellau gwybodaeth
- Sgiliau Rhyngbersonol - Gallu gofyn cwestiynau, gwrando'n astud ar atebion a'u harchwilio
- Ymwybyddiaeth o ddiogelwch - Bod yn ymwybodol o'ch amgylchedd a hyder o ran cadw at reoliadau iechyd a diogelwch
- Cyflwyniad - Gallu cyflwyno gwybodaeth ac esboniadau yn glir i gynulleidfa. Trwy gyfryngau ysgrifenedig neu ar lafar yn glir a hyderus.
- Gwaith Tîm - Gallu cydweithio'n adeiladol ag eraill ar dasg gyffredin, ac/neu fod yn rhan o dîm gweithio o ddydd i ddydd
- Rheloaeth - Gallu defnyddio, cydlynu a rheoli adnoddau (dynol, ffisegol ac/neu ariannol)
- Hunanymwybyddiaeth & Ystyried - Bod yn ymwybodol o'ch cryfderau, gwendidau, nodau ac amcanion eich hun. Gallu adolygu ,cloriannu a myfyrio'n rheolaidd ar eich perfformiad eich hun ac eraill.
- Arweinyddiaeth - Gallu arwain a rheoli, datblygu cynlluniau gweithredu ac amcanion, cynnig arweiniad a chyfarwyddyd i eraill, ac ymdopi â'r pwysau sy'n gysylltiedig ag awdurdod o'r fath
Sgiliau pwnc penodol
- Skills of communication and interaction – oral and written communication, public presentation, team-working and collaboration, awareness of professional protocols, sensitivity, ICT skills, etc.
- Skills of personal management – self-motivation, self-critical awareness, independence, entrepreneurship and employment skills, time management and reliability, organisation, etc.
- Enhanced powers of imagination and creativity (4.17)
Goblygiadau o ran adnoddau ar gyfer myfyrwyr
If applicable (in terms of the project), the student will be responsible for - arranging their own DBS check; - travel expenses to/from project location.
Rhestrau Darllen Bangor (Talis)http://readinglists.bangor.ac.uk/modules/wxm-2269.html
Cyrsiau sy’n cynnwys y modiwl hwn
Gorfodol mewn cyrsiau:
- W3P3: BA Astudiaethau'r Cyfr & Cherdd year 2 (BA/ACC)
- WW93: BA Creative Studies and Music year 2 (BA/CSTMUS)
- 32N6: BA English Literature and Music year 2 (BA/ELM)
- 32N7: BA English Literature & Music with International Experience year 2 (BA/ELMIE)
- VW23: BA Hanes Cymru a Cherddoriaeth year 2 (BA/HCAC)
- VW13: BA History and Music year 2 (BA/HMU)
- VW14: BA History and Music with International Experience year 2 (BA/HMUIE)
- W3H6: BA Music and Electronic Engineering year 2 (BA/MEE)
- WV33: Music & Hist & Welsh Hist (IE) year 2 (BA/MHIE)
- PW33: BA Media Studies and Music year 2 (BA/MSMUS)
- RW13: BA Music/French year 2 (BA/MUFR)
- WR32: BA Music/German year 2 (BA/MUGE)
- WR33: BA Music/Italian year 2 (BA/MUIT)
- WW38: BA Music and Creative Writing year 2 (BA/MUSCW)
- WW36: BA Music and Film Studies year 2 (BA/MUSFS)
- WR34: BA Music/Spanish year 2 (BA/MUSP)
- VVW3: BA Philosophy and Religion and Music year 2 (BA/PRM)
- VW2H: BA Welsh History and Music year 2 (BA/WHMU)
- QW53: BA Cymraeg/Music year 2 (BA/WMU)
- H6W3: BSc Electronic Engineering and Music year 2 (BSC/EEM)
Opsiynol mewn cyrsiau:
- T103: BA Chinese and Creative Studies year 2 (BA/CHCS)
- WPQ0: BA Creative Studies year 2 (BA/CST)
- WPQB: BA Creative Studies (4 year with Incorporated Foundation) year 2 (BA/CST1)
- WQ93: BA Creative Stds & English Lang. year 2 (BA/CSTEL)
- WR91: BA French and Creative Studies year 2 (BA/CSTFR)
- WR92: BA German and Creative Studies year 2 (BA/CSTG)
- WR93: BA Italian and Creative Studies year 2 (BA/CSTITAL)
- WR94: BA Spanish & Creative Studies year 2 (BA/CSTSP)
- W303: BA Music (with International Experience) year 2 (BA/MIE)
- W300: BA Music year 2 (BA/MUS)
- W30F: BA Music [with Foundation Year] year 2 (BA/MUSF)
- W304: BMus Music (with International Experience) year 2 (BMUS/MIE)
- W302: BMUS Music year 2 (BMUS/MUS)
- W32F: BMus Music [with Foundation Year] year 2 (BMUS/MUSF)