Solo Performance Year 2
Rhedir gan School of Arts, Culture and Language
20.000 Credyd neu 10.000 Credyd ECTS
Semester 1 a 2
Trefnydd: Dr Iwan Llewelyn Jones
- Build on and enhance the skills acquired in Year 1 Solo Performance module
- Advance and refine the student's instrumental or vocal technique
The students will be expected to build on and expand skills already established during the solo performance modules in Year 1. This will be carried out through individual instrumental or vocal tuition. The tutor will provide consultation and help construct a programme of stylistically-varied solo repertoire that will benefit the individual’s technical and interpretive development. The individual tuition will be supplemented by regular performance workshops in which students will explore wider questions relating to performance such as repertoire choices, practising strategies and performance practices (including historical performance).
The final assessment comprises a recital lasting 18-20 minutes.
For singers, and players of orchestral instruments, a professional accompanist is available, where required.
Please note: Although this module runs officially in Semester 2, instrumental/vocal tuition and workshops run throughout the year.
A performance displaying limited musicality and technique, together with restricted attention to relevant notational and stylistic demands.
A performance which is persuasive, displaying good levels of interpretative ability, musicality and technique, together with overall attention to relevant notational and stylistic demands.
A performance which is compelling and convincing, displaying high levels of interpretative ability, musicality and technique, together with evidence of careful attention to relevant notational and stylistic demands.
Upon successful completion of the module, a student will be able to demonstrate the ability to collaborate with the accompanist/backing track, to respond to tempo changes, and have a secure understanding of the piano part/backing track.
Upon successful completion of the module, a student will be able to demonstrate the ability to collate and perform a structured programme of repertoire which addresses a range of performance styles, tempi and articulations.
Upon successful completion of the module, a student will be able to demonstrate the ability to respond to expressive directions and project these in performance.
Upon successful completion of the module, a student will be able to demonstrate the ability to justify musical choices of repertoire, performance practice and problem solving.
A solo instrumental or vocal performance lasting between 18-20 minutes. This counts for 80% of the total module marks and tests Learning Outcomes 2-4. The assessment will take place during the Semester 2 Assessment Period (May 2022).
|CYFLWYNIAD UNIGOL||Individual Presentation||
An oral presentation (10 minutes duration) on the Final recital programme. This counts for 20% of the total module marks and tests Learning Outcome 1. The assessment will take place during the Semester 1 Assessment Period (January 2022).
Strategaeth addysgu a dysgu
Individual lessons, total duration of 12 hours with an instrumental or vocal instructor, scheduled across the whole year
Taking feedback from instrumental/vocal lessons/workshops and applying this to daily practice. This should be reinforced with research into composers, repertoire, recordings and scores.
22 workshops, 2 hours each, across the whole year, on various aspects of performance technique (including performance practice, musicological concerns, presentation skills and organisational skills). During the course of the workshops, each student prepares and performs a work, with accompaniment where applicable. Verbal feedback is provided in each workshop.
- Hunanreolaeth - Gallu gweithio mewn ffordd effeithlon, prydlon a threfnus. Gallu edrych ar ganlyniadau tasgau a digwyddiadau, a barnu lefelau o ansawdd a phwysigrwydd
- Archwilio - Gallu ymchwilio ac ystyried dewisiadau eraill
- Adalw gwybodaeth - Gallu mynd at wahanol ac amrywiol ffynonellau gwybodaeth
- Sgiliau Rhyngbersonol - Gallu gofyn cwestiynau, gwrando'n astud ar atebion a'u harchwilio
- Dadansoddi Beirniadol & Datrys Problem - Gallu dadelfennu a dadansoddi problemau neu sefyllfaoedd cymhleth. Gallu canfod atebion i broblemau drwy ddadansoddiadau ac archwilio posibiliadau
- Cyflwyniad - Gallu cyflwyno gwybodaeth ac esboniadau yn glir i gynulleidfa. Trwy gyfryngau ysgrifenedig neu ar lafar yn glir a hyderus.
- Gwaith Tîm - Gallu cydweithio'n adeiladol ag eraill ar dasg gyffredin, ac/neu fod yn rhan o dîm gweithio o ddydd i ddydd
- Rheloaeth - Gallu defnyddio, cydlynu a rheoli adnoddau (dynol, ffisegol ac/neu ariannol)
- Dadl - Gallu cyflwyno, trafod a chyfiawnhau barn neu lwybr gweithredu, naill ai gydag unigolyn neu mewn grwˆp ehangach
- Hunanymwybyddiaeth & Ystyried - Bod yn ymwybodol o'ch cryfderau, gwendidau, nodau ac amcanion eich hun. Gallu adolygu ,cloriannu a myfyrio'n rheolaidd ar eich perfformiad eich hun ac eraill.
Rhestrau Darllen Bangor (Talis)http://readinglists.bangor.ac.uk/modules/wxp-2241.html
Rhagofynion a Chydofynion
Rhagofynnol ar gyfer:
Cyrsiau sy’n cynnwys y modiwl hwn
Gorfodol mewn cyrsiau:
- W3P3: BA Astudiaethau'r Cyfr & Cherdd year 2 (BA/ACC)
- WW93: BA Creative Studies and Music year 2 (BA/CSTMUS)
- 32N6: BA English Literature and Music year 2 (BA/ELM)
- 32N7: BA English Literature & Music with International Experience year 2 (BA/ELMIE)
- VW23: BA Hanes Cymru a Cherddoriaeth year 2 (BA/HCAC)
- VW13: BA History and Music year 2 (BA/HMU)
- VW14: BA History and Music with International Experience year 2 (BA/HMUIE)
- WW39: BA Music and Creative Writing with International Experience year 2 (BA/MCWIE)
- W3H6: BA Music and Electronic Engineering year 2 (BA/MEE)
- WV33: Music & Hist & Welsh Hist (IE) year 2 (BA/MHIE)
- W303: BA Music (with International Experience) year 2 (BA/MIE)
- PW33: BA Media Studies and Music year 2 (BA/MSMUS)
- RW13: BA Music/French year 2 (BA/MUFR)
- WR32: BA Music/German year 2 (BA/MUGE)
- WR33: BA Music/Italian year 2 (BA/MUIT)
- W300: BA Music year 2 (BA/MUS)
- WW38: BA Music and Creative Writing year 2 (BA/MUSCW)
- W30F: BA Music [with Foundation Year] year 2 (BA/MUSF)
- WW36: BA Music and Film Studies year 2 (BA/MUSFS)
- WR34: BA Music/Spanish year 2 (BA/MUSP)
- W3W4: BA Music with Theatre & Performance year 2 (BA/MUSTP)
- VVW3: BA Philosophy and Religion and Music year 2 (BA/PRM)
- VW2H: BA Welsh History and Music year 2 (BA/WHMU)
- QW53: BA Cymraeg/Music year 2 (BA/WMU)
- W304: BMus Music (with International Experience) year 2 (BMUS/MIE)
- W302: BMUS Music year 2 (BMUS/MUS)
- W32F: BMus Music [with Foundation Year] year 2 (BMUS/MUSF)
- H6W3: BSc Electronic Engineering and Music year 2 (BSC/EEM)