Solo Performance Year 3
Rhedir gan School of Arts, Culture and Language
40.000 Credyd neu 20.000 Credyd ECTS
Semester 1 a 2
Trefnydd: Dr Iwan Llewelyn Jones
- Build on and enhance the skills acquired in Year 2 Solo Performance module
- Advance and refine the student's instrumental or vocal technique
- Enable the student to engage with issues of historical style, context and historically informed performance relating to his/her instrument or voice
Participants of the module will prepare and perform a public recital of 40 minutes’ duration, featuring stylistically-diverse solo repertoire from different periods. Individual instrumental or vocal tuition will be accompanied by workshops in which the students will address and discuss advanced questions relating to repertoire choices, rehearsal strategies, performance practices (including historically-informed performance), presentation skills and the preparation of programme notes.
The performance displays basic musicality and technique; there is limited attention to relevant notational and stylistic demands and restricted attention to interpretive values. The text-based work displays scant knowledge of the subject, with simple ability at conceptual thought, and a limited awareness of issues, but has some evidence of a generally intellectual approach, with fair expression.
The performance is persuasive, displaying good levels of interpretive ability, musicality and technique, together with overall attention to relevant notational and stylistic demands. The text-based work displays a sound grasp of the subject, a satisfactory level of conceptual thought, awareness of the main issues, with evidence of intellectual acumen and good expression.
The performance is compelling and convincing, displaying advanced levels of interpretive ability, musicality and technique, together with evidence of careful attention to relevant notational and stylistic demands. The text-based work displays a thorough grasp of the subject, with evidence of broader contextual study, deeper thought, originality of approach and excellent written skills.
Upon successful completion of the module, a student will be able to justify musical choices of repertoire, performance practice and problem solving via presentation and programme notes.
Upon successful completion of the module, a student will be able to conceive a recital that illustrates a concept or musicological theme in a coherent way.
Upon successful completion of the module, a student will be able to engage with performance practices pertinent in the repertoire.
Upon successful completion of the module, a student will be able to demonstrate consistent attention to articulation, dynamic range, and expression.
Strategaeth addysgu a dysgu
|Practical classes and workshops||
22 workshops, 2 hours each, across the whole year, on various aspects of performance technique (including performance practice, musicological concerns, presentation skills and organisational skills). During the course of the workshops, each student prepares and performs a work, with accompaniment where applicable. Verbal feedback is provided in each workshop.
Taking feedback from instrumental/vocal lessons/workshops and applying this to daily practice. This should be reinforced with research into composers, repertoire, recordings and scores.
- Hunanreolaeth - Gallu gweithio mewn ffordd effeithlon, prydlon a threfnus. Gallu edrych ar ganlyniadau tasgau a digwyddiadau, a barnu lefelau o ansawdd a phwysigrwydd
- Archwilio - Gallu ymchwilio ac ystyried dewisiadau eraill
- Adalw gwybodaeth - Gallu mynd at wahanol ac amrywiol ffynonellau gwybodaeth
- Sgiliau Rhyngbersonol - Gallu gofyn cwestiynau, gwrando'n astud ar atebion a'u harchwilio
- Dadansoddi Beirniadol & Datrys Problem - Gallu dadelfennu a dadansoddi problemau neu sefyllfaoedd cymhleth. Gallu canfod atebion i broblemau drwy ddadansoddiadau ac archwilio posibiliadau
- Cyflwyniad - Gallu cyflwyno gwybodaeth ac esboniadau yn glir i gynulleidfa. Trwy gyfryngau ysgrifenedig neu ar lafar yn glir a hyderus.
- Gwaith Tîm - Gallu cydweithio'n adeiladol ag eraill ar dasg gyffredin, ac/neu fod yn rhan o dîm gweithio o ddydd i ddydd
- Rheloaeth - Gallu defnyddio, cydlynu a rheoli adnoddau (dynol, ffisegol ac/neu ariannol)
- Dadl - Gallu cyflwyno, trafod a chyfiawnhau barn neu lwybr gweithredu, naill ai gydag unigolyn neu mewn grwˆp ehangach
- Hunanymwybyddiaeth & Ystyried - Bod yn ymwybodol o'ch cryfderau, gwendidau, nodau ac amcanion eich hun. Gallu adolygu ,cloriannu a myfyrio'n rheolaidd ar eich perfformiad eich hun ac eraill.
- Arweinyddiaeth - Gallu arwain a rheoli, datblygu cynlluniau gweithredu ac amcanion, cynnig arweiniad a chyfarwyddyd i eraill, ac ymdopi â'r pwysau sy'n gysylltiedig ag awdurdod o'r fath
Sgiliau pwnc penodol
- Musicianship skills – recognition, classification, contextualisation, reconstruction, exploration
- Re-creative skills – interpretation, innovation, versatility, and other skills relating to performance
- Creative skills – conception, elaboration, adaptation, presentation, collaboration, preservation
- Intellectual skills specific to Music – contextual knowledge, cultural awareness, critical understanding, repertoire knowledge, curiosity, analytical demonstration
- Technological skills – digital capture, digital expression, digital innovation
- Intellectual skills shared with other disciplines – research and exploration, reasoning and logic, understanding, critical judgement, assimilation and application
- Skills of communication and interaction – oral and written communication, public presentation, team-working and collaboration, awareness of professional protocols, sensitivity, ICT skills, etc.
- Skills of personal management – self-motivation, self-critical awareness, independence, entrepreneurship and employment skills, time management and reliability, organisation, etc.
- Enhanced powers of imagination and creativity (4.17)
Rhestrau Darllen Bangor (Talis)http://readinglists.bangor.ac.uk/modules/wxp-3298.html
Rhagofynion a Chydofynion
Cyrsiau sy’n cynnwys y modiwl hwn
Gorfodol mewn cyrsiau:
- WW93: BA Creative Studies and Music year 3 (BA/CSTMUS)
- 32N6: BA English Literature and Music year 3 (BA/ELM)
- VW13: BA History and Music year 3 (BA/HMU)
- WW39: BA Music and Creative Writing with International Experience year 3 (BA/MCWIE)
- W3H6: BA Music and Electronic Engineering year 3 (BA/MEE)
- WV33: Music & Hist & Welsh Hist (IE) year 4 (BA/MHIE)
- W303: BA Music (with International Experience) year 3 (BA/MIE)
- PW33: BA Media Studies and Music year 3 (BA/MSMUS)
- RW13: BA Music/French year 4 (BA/MUFR)
- WR32: BA Music/German year 4 (BA/MUGE)
- WR33: BA Music/Italian year 4 (BA/MUIT)
- W300: BA Music year 3 (BA/MUS)
- WW38: BA Music and Creative Writing year 3 (BA/MUSCW)
- W30F: BA Music [with Foundation Year] year 3 (BA/MUSF)
- WW36: BA Music and Film Studies year 3 (BA/MUSFS)
- W3R8: BA Music and Modern Languages year 4 (BA/MUSML)
- WR34: BA Music/Spanish year 4 (BA/MUSP)
- VVW3: BA Philosophy and Religion and Music year 3 (BA/PRM)
- VW2H: BA Welsh History and Music year (BA/WHMU)
- W302: BMUS Music year 3 (BMUS/MUS)
- W32F: BMus Music [with Foundation Year] year 3 (BMUS/MUSF)
- H6W3: BSc Electronic Engineering and Music year 3 (BSC/EEM)