Inclusive Classroom Practice
Inclusive Classroom Practice 2023-24
School Of Educational Sciences
Module - PGT
This module aims to:
- Equip students with a strong understanding of inclusive practice in the classroom.
- Evaluate the underlying key theories around inclusive classroom practice and analyse the relationship between theory, policy and practice;
- Determine the challenges of supporting learners with ALNs within education.
Threshold PASS C- to C+ range 50-59% has weaknesses in arguments and limited background reading and knowledge
Merit B- to B+ range 60-69% Answer is focused with good structure arguments are presented coherently good command of subject but with some gaps in knowledge
Distinction A- to A* range 70-100% Highly focussed and accurate work demonstrating wider reading and some original input
- Analyse key challenges that create barriers to supporting the needs of learners with ALN and how they should be addressed in the classroom.
- Analyse the strengths and weaknesses of ALN policy in their context.
- Critically and creatively challenge current practice based on their knowledge and understanding of factors affecting ALN.
- Critically engage with debates around inclusion in education, including those pertaining to more able learners
- Explore effective collaboration others in order to best support students in the classroom
Toolbox to support inclusive classroom practice and a reflection of its effectiveness in the classroom