Rhedir gan Bangor Business School
20 Credyd neu 10 Credyd ECTS
Trefnydd: Prof Louise Hassan
To explore why people buy things, and examine how products, services, and consumption activities contribute to shape people's lives. To understand theories, concepts, and models that help to explain consumer behaviour and why these are relevant to marketing practice.
The module will cover consumer decision-making including the use of decision rules. The module will focus on understanding the consumer as an individual, including topics such as learning, attitudes, identity, emotions, and personality. But the module will also concern group behaviour and the role of culture in shaping consumption. Finally, it is important to consider the impact of marketing activities on consumers' well-being.
B- to B+ (60-69%): Very good performance Most of the relevant information accurately deployed. Good grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practical elements. Good integration of theory/practice/information in pursuit of the assessed work's objectives. Evidence of the use of creative and reflective skills.
A- to A+ (70%+): Outstanding performance. The relevant information accurately deployed. Excellent grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practice elements. Good integration of theory/practice/information in pursuit of the assessed work's objectives. Strong evidence of the use of creative and reflective skills.
C- i C+
C- to C+ (50-59%): Much of the relevant information and skills mostly accurately deployed. Adequate grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practical elements. Fair integration of theory/practice/information in the pursuit of the assessed work's objectives. Some evidence of the use of creative and reflective skills.
D- to D+ (40-49%): No major omissions or inaccuracies in the deployment of information/skills. Some grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practical elements. Integration of theory/practice/information present intermittently in pursuit of the assessed work's objectives.
Demonstrate an understanding of the effect of culture and the role of culture in shaping consumer behaviour.
Assess and critique how businesses can gain insight into consumer behaviour by the application of theories, models and concepts.
Appraise the linkages between different consumer behaviour theories, models, and concepts across topic areas.
Apply appropriate consumer behaviour concepts, models, and theories to develop a brand.
Apply different consumer behaviour theories, models, and concepts.
|PRAWF DOSBARTH||Class test||
One hour test comprising short answers and MCQ
You are required to write a report that applies theories, models, or concepts that you have learnt during the module to the development of a new brand. You will be given a brand scenario and must reflect on 5 theories, models, or concepts that you will apply to understand the brand. You will be asked to reflect on developing the brand in two countries that vary on at least one cultural factor.
Strategaeth addysgu a dysgu
|Practical classes and workshops||
The main focus of the workshops will be on longer group-based exercises that will build on from lecture content and allow an in-depth and practical focus of theory in practice.
Interactive lectures with videos and short discussions.
Opportunity to discuss questions and feedback with the lecturer in timetabled one-to-one slots. Drop-in sessions that are timetabled.
Reading the core textbook and preparing for assessments and workshops.
- Llythrennedd - Medrusrwydd mewn darllen ac ysgrifennu drwy amrywiaeth o gyfryngau
- Hunanreolaeth - Gallu gweithio mewn ffordd effeithlon, prydlon a threfnus. Gallu edrych ar ganlyniadau tasgau a digwyddiadau, a barnu lefelau o ansawdd a phwysigrwydd
- Archwilio - Gallu ymchwilio ac ystyried dewisiadau eraill
- Adalw gwybodaeth - Gallu mynd at wahanol ac amrywiol ffynonellau gwybodaeth
- Sgiliau Rhyngbersonol - Gallu gofyn cwestiynau, gwrando'n astud ar atebion a'u harchwilio
- Dadansoddi Beirniadol & Datrys Problem - Gallu dadelfennu a dadansoddi problemau neu sefyllfaoedd cymhleth. Gallu canfod atebion i broblemau drwy ddadansoddiadau ac archwilio posibiliadau
- Rheloaeth - Gallu defnyddio, cydlynu a rheoli adnoddau (dynol, ffisegol ac/neu ariannol)
- Dadl - Gallu cyflwyno, trafod a chyfiawnhau barn neu lwybr gweithredu, naill ai gydag unigolyn neu mewn grwˆp ehangach
- Hunanymwybyddiaeth & Ystyried - Bod yn ymwybodol o'ch cryfderau, gwendidau, nodau ac amcanion eich hun. Gallu adolygu ,cloriannu a myfyrio'n rheolaidd ar eich perfformiad eich hun ac eraill.
Sgiliau pwnc penodol
- Problem solving and critical analysis: analysing facts and circumstances to determine the cause of a problem and identifying and selecting appropriate solutions.
- Research: the ability to analyse and evaluate a range of business data, sources of information and appropriate methodologies, which includes the need for strong digital literacy, and to use that research for evidence-based decision-making.
- Commercial acumen: based on an awareness of the key drivers for business success, causes of failure and the importance of providing customer satisfaction and building customer loyalty.
- Innovation, creativity and enterprise: the ability to act entrepreneurially to generate, develop and communicate ideas, manage and exploit intellectual property, gain support, and deliver successful outcomes.
- Articulating and effectively explaining information.
- Communication and listening including the ability to produce clear, structured business communications in a variety of media.
- Conceptual and critical thinking, analysis, synthesis and evaluation.
- Self-management: a readiness to accept responsibility and flexibility, to be resilient, self-starting and appropriately assertive, to plan, organise and manage time.
- Self reflection: self-analysis and an awareness/sensitivity to diversity in terms of people and cultures. This includes a continuing appetite for development.
Rhestrau Darllen Bangor (Talis)http://readinglists.bangor.ac.uk/modules/asb-2116.html
Rhagofynion a Chydofynion
Rhagofynnol ar gyfer:
Cyrsiau sy’n cynnwys y modiwl hwn
Gorfodol mewn cyrsiau:
- NN15: BA Business Studies and Marketing year 2 (BA/BSM)
- 8N60: BA Business Studies and Marketing (with International Exp) year 2 (BA/BSMIE)
- R1N1: BA French with Marketing year 2 (BA/FRMKT)
- R2N1: BA German with Marketing year 2 (BA/GERMKT)
- N5R3: BA Marketing with Italian year 2 (BA/MKITAL)
- N5R1: BA Marketing with French year 2 (BA/MKTFR)
- N5R2: BA Marketing with German year 2 (BA/MKTGER)
- N5R4: BA Marketing with Spanish year 2 (BA/MKTSP#)
- R4N5: BA Spanish with Marketing year 2 (BA/SPMKT)
- N503: BSc Marketing (Bangor International College) year 2 (BSC/BICMRK)
- NNM1: BSc Business Studies & Marketing with Intl Experience year 2 (BSC/BSMIE)
- NN1M: BSc Business Studies and Marketing year 2 (BSC/BSMKT)
- NN1K: BSc Business Studies & Marketing (4 year with Incorp Found) year 2 (BSC/BSMKT1)
- N501: BSc Marketing year 2 (BSC/MKT)
- N50B: BSc Marketing (4 year with Incorporated Foundation) year 2 (BSC/MKT1)
Opsiynol mewn cyrsiau:
- N107: BA Business year 2 (BA/BUS)
- L190: BSc Business Economics year 2 (BSC/BEC)
- L19B: BSc Business Economics (4 year with Incorporated Foundation) year 2 (BSC/BEC1)
- L191: BSc Business Economics with International Experience year 2 (BSC/BECIE)
- L192: BSc Business Economics (Bangor International College) year 2 (BSC/BICBE)