Mr Munier Hossain
MSc (Orth Eng), MSc (EBHC), FRCS (Glas), FPG Cert, FHEA
Mr Hossain is an Honorary Lecturer within the School of Medical Sciences. He completed his basic surgical training in the North of England and, after early orthopaedic training in Scotland, moved to Wales where he currently works as an Associate Specialist in the Department of Trauma and Orthopaedics in Ysbyty Gwynedd. He is also an honorary fellow of the Higher Education Academy and an Honorary Lecturer at Cardiff University.
Mr Hossain currently works closely with the Exeter Primary Outcomes Study (EPOS) study group. This group has compiled a large prospective database of a number of variables following Exeter primary hip replacement surgery.
Munier can be contacted via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Munier's current research interests include:
- Evidence based healthcare
- Translation of research evidence to practice
- Patient reported outcome following hip replacement surgery
- Makwana N, Hossain M, Kumar BA, Mbako M. The sentinel vein: an anatomical guide to localisation of the dorsomedial cutaneous nerve in hallux surgery. J Bone Joint Surg 2011; 93-B (10); 1373-6.
- Hossain M, Parfitt D, Beard D et al. Does pre-operative psychological distress affect patient satisfaction after primary total hip arthroplasty? BMC Musculoskeletal Disorders 2011; 12(1): 122. PMID: 21631923.
- Kurup H, Hossain M, Andrew JG. Plating vs. Intramedullary nail for humeral Shaft fractures in adults (review). Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews
2011, 15;6: CD 005959. PMID 21678350
- Hossain M, Alexander P, Burls A, Jobanputra P. Foot orthoses for patellofemoral pain in adults (review). Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2011, Issue 1: CD008402. PMID 21249707
- Hossain M, Akbar SA, Andrew JG. Misdiagnosis of occult hip fracture is more likely in patients with poor mobility and cognitive impairment. Acta Orthop Belg, 2010; 76 (3): 341-6. PMID 20698455.
- Hossain M et al. Current management of isolated sternal fractures in the UK. Injury, 2010; 41(5): 495-8. PMID 19682680.
- Hossain M, Neelapala V, Andrew JG. Results of conservative treatment following hip fracture compared to surgical intervention. Injury 2009, 40: 418-421. PMID: 19233352.
- Hossain M, Sinha AK, Barwick C, Andrew JG. Is MRI necessary to exclude occult hip fracture? Injury, 2007; 38: 1204-8. PMID: 17880973