Advanced Italian 1
Rhedir gan School of Languages, Literatures and Linguistics
20 Credyd neu 10 Credyd ECTS
Trefnydd: Dr Silvia Bergamini
strong text1. To consolidate and expand on students' knowledge of grammar and vocabulary and to introduce students to a variety of registers. 2. To develop oral and aural skills through exposure to a wide range of audio-visual material. 3. To enable students to translate texts from Italian into English and to produce more advanced pieces of writing in Italian, such as short essays.
Students on this module will be working towards achieving B2 on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR)
This first semester course, aimed at post-GCSE or post-A Level candidates, intends to consolidate and expand the students' knowledge of grammar and vocabulary through exposure to a variety of texts, ranging from newspaper articles to literary extracts, differing in register and style (to include very colloquial and very formal examples). Written (including translation) skills will be consolidated; oral and aural skills will also be emphasised through classes in which students watch/listen to extracts from films/TV or radio programmes and are encouraged to discuss and analyse their contents.
M. Piantoni, R. Bozzone Costa, C. Ghezzi. 'Nuovo Contatto A2: Corso di Lingua e civilta italiana per stranieri', Loescher Editore. (Semester 1)
LZI1002 M. Piantoni, R. Bozzone Costa, C. Ghezzi. "Contatto 2A Livello Intermedio', Loescher Editore (Semester 2)
Any other learning resources: Writing classes dossier; Self-study portfolio; Lingu exercises.
40-49%: Limited knowledge of grammar and vocabulary resulting in a limited ability to communicate orally or in writing.
50-69%: Good knowledge of grammar and vocabulary resulting in a good ability to communicate orally or in writing.
70+%: Excellent knowledge of grammar and vocabulary resulting in a excellent ability to communicate orally or in writing.
Speaking: discuss basic topics of general and current interest; deliver prepared presentations in the TL on topics of general interest.
Reading: understand a range of styles and registers in order to obtain information, ideas and opinions from a variety of texts.
Writing: express themselves accurately in the TL in a variety of text types including essays, summaries, letters, etc.
Listening: obtain information opinions and ideas from a range of simple and complex spoken registers; understand information in both formal and informal registers in the TL (= target language).
|GWAITH CWRS||Written exercise||25|
|GWAITH CWRS||Translation into English/Welsh||25|
|ARHOLIAD||2 hour written exam||50|
Strategaeth addysgu a dysgu
Seminars - 4 hours per week for 11 weeks per semester
- Llythrennedd - Medrusrwydd mewn darllen ac ysgrifennu drwy amrywiaeth o gyfryngau
- Defnyddio cyfrifiaduron - Medrusrwydd wrth ddefnyddio ystod o feddalwedd cyfrifiadurol
- Sgiliau Rhyngbersonol - Gallu gofyn cwestiynau, gwrando'n astud ar atebion a'u harchwilio
- Cyflwyniad - Gallu cyflwyno gwybodaeth ac esboniadau yn glir i gynulleidfa. Trwy gyfryngau ysgrifenedig neu ar lafar yn glir a hyderus.
- Gwaith Tîm - Gallu cydweithio'n adeiladol ag eraill ar dasg gyffredin, ac/neu fod yn rhan o dîm gweithio o ddydd i ddydd
- Hunanymwybyddiaeth & Ystyried - Bod yn ymwybodol o'ch cryfderau, gwendidau, nodau ac amcanion eich hun. Gallu adolygu ,cloriannu a myfyrio'n rheolaidd ar eich perfformiad eich hun ac eraill.
Rhagofynion a Chydofynion
Rhagofynnol ar gyfer:
- LZI-2040: Italian Language 1
- LZI-2032: 3 Lang Project (3 major)
- LXI-2010: Making of the Italian Nation
- LZI-1002: Intermediate Italian II
- LZI-2020: Italian Language 1 (3 Major)
Cydofynnol ar gyfer:
Cyrsiau sy’n cynnwys y modiwl hwn
Gorfodol mewn cyrsiau:
- NR43: BA Accounting/Italian year 1 (BA/AIT)
- NR33: BA Banking/Italian year 1 (BA/BIT)
- N1R3: BA Business Studies with Italian year 1 (BA/BSIT)
- NR1H: BA Business Studies and Italian year 1 (BA/BUSSI)
- T112: BA Chinese & French with Italian year 1 (BA/CHFI)
- T115: BA Chinese & German with Italian year 1 (BA/CHGI)
- T117: BA Chinese & Italian with French year 1 (BA/CHIF)
- T118: BA Chinese & Italian with German year 1 (BA/CHIG)
- T119: BA Chinese & Italian with Spanish year 1 (BA/CHIS)
- T106: BA Chinese and Italian year 1 (BA/CHIT)
- T122: BA Chinese & Spanish with Italian year 1 (BA/CHSI)
- MR95: BA Criminology&Criml Just/Italian year 1 (BA/CRIT)
- WR93: BA Italian and Creative Studies year 1 (BA/CSTITAL)
- LR13: BA Economics/Italian year 1 (BA/ECIT)
- 09V3: BA English Literature and Italian year 1 (BA/ELI)
- QR3H: BA English Language and Italian year 1 (BA/ELIT)
- R901: BA French & German with Italian year 1 (BA/FGI4)
- R916: BA French, German & Italian year 1 (BA/FGI4#)
- RR13: BA French/Italian(4 years) year 1 (BA/FI)
- R1R3: BA French with Italian year 1 (BA/FI4)
- R918: BA French & Italian with German year 1 (BA/FIG4)
- R919: BA French & Italian with Spanish year 1 (BA/FIS4)
- R917: BA French, Italian & Spanish year 1 (BA/FIS4#)
- P0R3: BA Film Studies and Italian year 1 (BA/FSI)
- R915: BA French & Spanish with Italian year 1 (BA/FSI4)
- RR23: BA German/Italian year 1 (BA/GI)
- R2R3: BA German with Italian year 1 (BA/GI4)
- R921: BA German & Italian with French year 1 (BA/GIF4)
- R924: BA German & Italian with Spanish year 1 (BA/GIS4)
- R925: BA German, Italian & Spanish year 1 (BA/GIS4#)
- R923: BA German & Spanish with Italian year 1 (BA/GSI4)
- RV31: BA History/Italian year 1 (BA/HIT)
- R926: BA Italian & Spanish with French year 1 (BA/ISF4)
- R927: BA Italian & Spanish with German year 1 (BA/ISG4)
- QR53: BA Italian/Cymraeg year 1 (BA/ITCY)
- QR13: BA Italian/Linguistics year 1 (BA/ITL)
- N5R3: BA Marketing with Italian year 1 (BA/MKITAL)
- NR53: BA Marketing and Italian (4 year) year 1 (BA/MKTITAL)
- P3R3: BA Media Studies with Italian year 1 (BA/MSIT)
- WR33: BA Music/Italian year 1 (BA/MUIT)
- VVR3: BA Philosophy and Religion and Italian year 1 (BA/PRI)
- RR43: BA Spanish/Italian year 1 (BA/SI)
- R4R3: BA Spanish with Italian year 1 (BA/SPI)
- M118: LLB Law with Italian (European Experience) year 1 (LLB/LITE)
Opsiynol mewn cyrsiau:
- M100: LLB Law year 1 (LLB/L)
- M11B: LLB Law (4 year with Incorporated Foundation) year 1 (LLB/L1)