Advanced Spanish 1
Rhedir gan School of Languages, Literatures and Linguistics
20 Credyd neu 10 Credyd ECTS
Semester 1 a 2
Trefnydd: Dr David Miranda-Barreiro
- To develop students' reading comprehension skills through the study of selected texts varying in style and register.
- To enable students to translate texts from and into Spanish and to produce more advanced pieces of writing in Spanish, such as short essays.
- To enhance vocabulary acquisition.
- To develop in students a more complex understanding of key grammatical structures and an ability to use grammatical constructions in set grammar exercises and essay writing.
Students on this module will be working towards achieving B2 on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR)
This module has been designed in order to enable post 'A' level students to develop written communicative skills in Spanish by extending linguistic competence acquired at 'A' level. It comprises a text-based class in which students have the opportunity to develop translation skills and paraphrasing techniques. Students also have the opportunity to revise and consolidate key areas of grammar in a second class which constitutes the grammatical spine of the module. The texts used in this module are chosen from a range of sources including the media and literary works in order to familiarise students with variations in tone and register. A thematic approach is used in the text-based class in order to enable students to gain an insight into particular Hispanic themes and issues while developing the various written communicative skills outlined. Topics include: cinema, art, literature and politics.
40-49%: A limited knowledge of vocabulary and grammar and a limited ability to translate and paraphrase the prescribed range of texts.
50-69%: A good knowledge of vocabulary and grammar and a good ability to translate and paraphrase the prescribed range of texts.
70+%: An excellent knowledge of vocabulary and grammar and an excellent ability to translate and paraphrase the prescribed range of texts.
Develop translation and reading comprehension skills through the study of texts vayring in tone and register.
Demonstrate an ability to paraphrase selected Spanish texts.
Demonstrate an understanding of key grammatical structures; use more complex grammatical constructions in set grammar exercises and essay writing.
Apply new areas of vocabulary to written work.
|PRAWF DOSBARTH||Translation into English/Welsh||16.66|
|PRAWF DOSBARTH||Translation into Spanish||16.66|
|ARHOLIAD||Written exam (2 hours)||50|
Strategaeth addysgu a dysgu
1 grammar lecture per week for 11 weeks per semester.
1 text-based seminar per week for 11 weeks per semester.
- Llythrennedd - Medrusrwydd mewn darllen ac ysgrifennu drwy amrywiaeth o gyfryngau
- Defnyddio cyfrifiaduron - Medrusrwydd wrth ddefnyddio ystod o feddalwedd cyfrifiadurol
- Sgiliau Rhyngbersonol - Gallu gofyn cwestiynau, gwrando'n astud ar atebion a'u harchwilio
- Cyflwyniad - Gallu cyflwyno gwybodaeth ac esboniadau yn glir i gynulleidfa. Trwy gyfryngau ysgrifenedig neu ar lafar yn glir a hyderus.
- Hunanymwybyddiaeth & Ystyried - Bod yn ymwybodol o'ch cryfderau, gwendidau, nodau ac amcanion eich hun. Gallu adolygu ,cloriannu a myfyrio'n rheolaidd ar eich perfformiad eich hun ac eraill.
Sgiliau pwnc penodol
- 1. The ability to use the target language creatively and precisely in short written assignments in the target language. (Benchmark statement 5.14)
- 2. The ability to translate short passages into and out of the target language. (Benchmark statement 5.3, 5.4)
- 3. Engaging with, interpreting and critically evaluating short and longer contemporary texts (short stories, films, novels) in the target language (Benchmark statement 5. 8, and 5.9)
- 5. The ability to use the target language creatively and precisely in oral assignments, showing familiarity with a range of topics and registers in formal and informal situations. (Benchmark statement 5.3, 5.4)
- 7. The ability to read, understand and summarise written texts in the target language. (Benchmark statement 5.3, 5.4)
- The ability to critically understand cultural studies concepts on cultural hybridity and their application to core Italian postcolonial texts. (Benchmark statements 5.7, 5.10).
Rhestrau Darllen Bangor (Talis)http://readinglists.bangor.ac.uk/modules/lzs-1001.html
Rhagofynion a Chydofynion
Rhagofynnol ar gyfer:
- LXS-2033: The Cinema of Spain
- LZS-2032: 3 Lang Project (3 major)
- LZS-2040: Spanish Language 1
- LXS-2028: Galician I
- LZS-1002: Advanced Spanish 2
- LZS-2020: Spanish Language 1 (3 Major)
Cydofynnol ar gyfer:
Cyrsiau sy’n cynnwys y modiwl hwn
Gorfodol mewn cyrsiau:
- NR44: BA Accounting/Spanish year 1 (BA/ASP)
- NR34: BA Banking/Spanish year 1 (BA/BSP)
- N1R4: BA Business Studies with Spanish year 1 (BA/BSSP)
- NR1K: BA Business Studies and Spanish year 1 (BA/BUSSS)
- T116: BA Chinese & German with Spanish year 1 (BA/CHGS)
- T119: BA Chinese & Italian with Spanish year 1 (BA/CHIS)
- T120: BA Chinese & Spanish with French year 1 (BA/CHSF)
- T121: BA Chinese & Spanish with German year 1 (BA/CHSG)
- T122: BA Chinese & Spanish with Italian year 1 (BA/CHSI)
- T107: BA Chinese and Spanish year 1 (BA/CHSP)
- MR94: BA Criminology/Spanish year 1 (BA/CRSP)
- WR94: BA Spanish & Creative Studies year 1 (BA/CSTSP)
- LR14: BA Economics/Spanish year 1 (BA/ECSP)
- 3YT5: BA English Literature and Spanish year 1 (BA/ELIS)
- QR3K: BA English Language and Spanish year 1 (BA/ELSP)
- R913: BA French & German with Spanish year 1 (BA/FGS4)
- R912: BA French, German & Spanish year 1 (BA/FGS4#)
- R919: BA French & Italian with Spanish year 1 (BA/FIS4)
- R917: BA French, Italian & Spanish year 1 (BA/FIS4#)
- R1R4: BA French with Spanish year 1 (BA/FS4)
- RR14: BA French and Spanish year 1 (BA/FS4#)
- R914: BA French & Spanish with German year 1 (BA/FSG4)
- R915: BA French & Spanish with Italian year 1 (BA/FSI4)
- R1R5: BA French with Spanish (with International Experience) year 1 (BA/FSPIE)
- PR34: BA Film Studies and Spanish year 1 (BA/FSSPAN4)
- R924: BA German & Italian with Spanish year 1 (BA/GIS4)
- R925: BA German, Italian & Spanish year 1 (BA/GIS4#)
- RR24: BA German/Spanish (4 years) year 1 (BA/GS)
- R2R4: BA German with Spanish year 1 (BA/GS4)
- R922: BA German & Spanish with French year 1 (BA/GSF4)
- R923: BA German & Spanish with Italian year 1 (BA/GSI4)
- 8Y64: BA German and Spanish (with International Experience) year 1 (BA/GSIE)
- RV41: BA History/Spanish year 1 (BA/HSP)
- R926: BA Italian & Spanish with French year 1 (BA/ISF4)
- R927: BA Italian & Spanish with German year 1 (BA/ISG4)
- QR14: BA Linguistics/Spanish year 1 (BA/LSP)
- NR54: BA Marketing and Spanish (4 year) year 1 (BA/MKTSP)
- N5R4: BA Marketing with Spanish year 1 (BA/MKTSP#)
- P3R4: BA Media Studies with Spanish year 1 (BA/MSSP)
- P3R5: BA Media Stud with Spanish (with International Experience) year 1 (BA/MSSPIE)
- WR34: BA Music/Spanish year 1 (BA/MUSP)
- VVR4: BA Philosophy and Religion and Spanish year 1 (BA/PRS)
- RR43: BA Spanish/Italian year 1 (BA/SI)
- R400: BA Spanish year 1 (BA/SP4)
- R4N1: BA Spanish with Business Studies year 1 (BA/SPBS)
- T110: BA Spanish with Chinese year 1 (BA/SPCH)
- R4W8: BA Spanish with Creative Writing year 1 (BA/SPCW)
- QR54: BA Spanish/Cymraeg year 1 (BA/SPCY)
- R4R1: BA Spanish with French year 1 (BA/SPFR)
- R4R2: BA Spanish with German year 1 (BA/SPG)
- R4R3: BA Spanish with Italian year 1 (BA/SPI)
- R4P5: BA Spanish with Journalism year 1 (BA/SPJO)
- R4N5: BA Spanish with Marketing year 1 (BA/SPMKT)
- R4P3: BA Spanish with Media Studies year 1 (BA/SPMS)
- CR6K: BA Spanish/Sports Science year 1 (BA/SPSSC)
- M119: LLB Law with Spanish (European Experience) year 1 (LLB/LSE)
Opsiynol mewn cyrsiau:
- M100: LLB Law year 1 (LLB/L)
- M11B: LLB Law (4 year with Incorporated Foundation) year 1 (LLB/L1)