Geography at Bangor
- Top 30 in the UK for Geography Education (Times/Sunday Times Good University Guide 2018)
- 95% Student Satisfaction in 2017 National Student Survey (NSS)
- Rated Gold for Teaching Quality in the Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF 2017)
- Cutting edge research and award winning teaching.
We offer two Batchelor degrees in Geography; BA and BSc Geography, a four-year integrated Masters degree (MGeog), plus a BSc Geography and Environmental Forestry degree. The BA and BSc Geography degrees are suitable for those interested in Human and Physical Geography, respectively and critically, the interface between these two disciplines. The MGeog degree covers the breadth of subject, as well as specific Human and Physical Geography themes. Our Geography degree with Environmental Forestry incorporates the study of one of the world’s most valuable ecosystems.
Our cohort of around 150 students is the largest group of students in the School of Environment, Natural Resources and Geography. Our team is involved in cutting edge research with other academic institutions, non-governmental groups and communities across the globe. In addition, the Geography team have fantastic links and are involved in engagement activities with local groups and schools across the UK; we champion science in society. On top of all that we are situated within one of the most beautiful places to study on our doorstep — see the pictures around the website. Please take a look around these web pages and explore how coming to Bangor could be a stimulating way to study a Geography degree.
- L700 Daearyddiaeth BA (Anrhydedd) (3 flwyddyn)
- F800 Daearyddiaeth BSc (Anrhydedd) (3 flwyddyn)
- F801 Daearyddiaeth MGeog (4 flwyddyn)
- F803 Daearyddiaeth gyda Choedwigaeth Amgylcheddol BSc (Anrhydedd) (3 flwyddyn)
- F804 Daearyddiaeth gyda Choedwigaeth Amgylcheddol BSc (4 flwyddyn)
- F840 Daearyddiaeth Ffisegol ac Eigioneg BSc (Anrhydedd) (3 flwyddyn)