Chemistry at Bangor
- We have been providing excellent Chemistry education since 1884.
- We have received 'excellence' (the highest of four grades) in the recent Teaching Quality Assessment.
- Hands on training on all analytical equipment.
- We gave a modern up-to-date research environment for all students.
- We are a friendly and close-knit subject and take a great deal of care to ensure that every one of our students reaches their maximum potential.
- All students take an extended research project during their third year in a subject area of their choice giving them the chance to specialise.
- Research work is of the highest quality and covers traditional areas of organic, inorganic and physical chemistry together with the newer areas of computational and environmental chemistry, materials and biological chemistry.
- Some of our degrees also offer placement opportunities where you can spend a period of time at an industrial company in the UK or Europe or carry out an in-house research project in the School.
- Active student Chemical Society ChemSoc run by students for students which also has close links with the Royal Society of Chemistry.
- F100 Chemistry BSc (Hons) (3 years)
- F102 Chemistry with European Experience BSc (Hons) (4 years)
- F103 Chemistry with Industrial Experience BSc (Hons) (4 years)
- F105 Chemistry with International Experience BSc (Hons) (3 years)
- F104 Chemistry MChem (4 years)
- F101 Chemistry with Industrial Experience MChem (5 years)
- F106 Chemistry with International Experience MChem (4-5 years)
- A Flexible Route to Getting Your Degree – The OpenPlus entry route
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Bangor University is currently in consultation regarding the teaching of Chemistry. A possible outcome of this consultation is that single honours Chemistry may be discontinued. Discontinuation may result in students not being admitted onto the course with effect from, and including, the coming academic year (2019/20). Other courses at Bangor which contain elements of chemistry are unaffected by the consultation.