Environment at Bangor
- Top 30 in the UK for Environmental Science Education (Times/Sunday Times Good University Guide 2018)
- 100% Student Satisfaction in 2017 National Student Survey (NSS)
- Rated Gold for Teaching Quality in the Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF 2017)
- Cutting edge research and award winning teaching.
We are a friendly and dynamic group working across a range of disciplines in the environmental sciences, from soil and water pollution, to greenhouse gas emissions from wastes, to environmental economics, hydrological modelling, carbon footprinting, and pathogens. This work takes us across the globe – we have projects on every continent, from our own research station, to the Arctic, Brazil, and Indonesia. Our research also means that we influence policy at many different levels. Students that come onto our degrees benefit from the first-hand interaction with staff that are at the forefront of their field. Please explore these web pages to learn more about what we do and to see how we could help you excel in this fascinating subject area.
- D447 Environmental Conservation BSc (Hons) (3 years)
- D448 Environmental Conservation (with placement year) BSc (Hons) (4 years)
- F900 Environmental Science BSc (Hons) (3 years)
- F901 Environmental Science (with placement year) BSc (Hons) (4 years)
- F90F Environmental Science with Foundation Year BSc (Hons) (4 years)
- F850 Environmental Science MEnvSci (4 years)
A long history of teaching and research
Bangor University has long been recognised for its teaching and research in the environmental sciences and management. Students that come onto our degrees benefit from the first-hand interaction with staff that are at the forefront of their field. We're a friendly and dynamic group, and are active across a whole range of disciplines, leading research into some of the most pressing environmental issues across the world.
Our success in both teaching and research is reflected in the very high scores given in terms of student satisfaction and from the Research Excellence Framework, placing us amongst the very best in the UK.
Diverse landscapes on your doorstep
All this is made easier by the fact that Bangor is in such a great location for studying and researching environmental issues, being within minutes of a huge diversity of landscapes and environments. This is underpinned by the excellent and often unique lab and field facilities that we have, together with the long history of working with governments, industry and employers.
Please explore these web pages to learn more about what we do and to see how we could help you excel in this fascinating subject area.