If you follow at least 40 credits per year of your undergraduate degree through the medium of Welsh, you will be eligible to apply for the following scholarships.
The funding body Mantais offers £500 a year to students following 40 credits or more (per year) of Welsh medium modules. You will need to submit an application before starting your degree. See mantais website for more information.
Bangor University automatically awards £250 a year to students following 40 credits or more (per year) of Welsh medium modules.
Students following at least 40 credits per year through the medium of Welsh are eligible to apply for our paid internships in educational, clinical and academic psychology, which are funded by the Coleg Cymraeg Cenedlaethol.
These typically last 6-8 weeks and provide experience of working in psychology as a profession. You will be paid £800 for the duration of the post.
* In 2012 there were eight internships available in a number of projects headed by leading researchers in their fields. These include:
- 4 in the Miles Dyslexia Unit (with Dr Marketa Caravolas)
- 1 in the North Wales Clinical Psychology Programme (with Prof Bob Woods and Dr Carolien Lamers, both are Clinical Psychologists)
- 1 in the school of 'Intellectual Disorders & Disabilities’ (with Prof Richard Hastings)
- 1 in the 'Incredible Years' project (with Prof Judy Hutchings)
- 1 with Dr Nia Griffith.
A report from this year’s interns will appear on this website (September 2012) and on the Coleg Cymraeg Cenedlaethol's website 'Y Porth'.
* At this time funding is available for summer 2013. We aim to have more funding in place for 2014 and 2015.