Collaborative Partnership, including Articulation Agreements
Schools wishing to develop a collaborative partnership with another higher education provider should bear in mind the following points:
- Bangor University is responsible for the academic standards of all awards granted in its name.
- The educational objectives of a partner organisation must be compatible with those of the University. Any partner will preferably be an institution of high standing with a proven reputation, particularly in research. However, the University will also consider partnerships that could play a significant role in institutional and staff development, particularly in institutions overseas. The University will consider partnerships in order to develop programmes that help to meet its own and Welsh Assembly Government objectives.
All partnerships, including articulation agreements, must be established using the procedures specified in the Code of Practice for Collaborative Provision.
For further advice and guidance please contact Dr Myfanwy Davies, Head of Quality Assurance on ext 3217.
Due DIligence & Risk Assessment Forms
The Planning and Student Data Office will co-ordinate risk assessment, due diligence & business planning for Category A partnerships.
For international partners, the International Education Centre (IEC) is the primary contact between the School and any international partner during preliminary discussions about establishing an international partnership. In the case of establishing or renewing category B partnerships, the IEC will coordinate risk assessments and due diligence procedures.
The IEC will coordinate arrangements for establishing and renewing formal category D student exchange programmes with overseas institutions which includes risk assessments, due diligence procedures and issuing of agreements.
- Due Diligence: Category A Partnerships
- Due Diligence: Category B - Memorandum of Understanding
- Due Diligence: Category B - Articulation Agreement
- Due Diligence: Category D1 - Research joint supervision, research or learning support at a partner institution
- Due Diligence: Category D2 - Commercial programmes
- Due Diligence: Category D4 - Study Abroad