Approval Process for New Programmes
The timeline for validation other than for fast track programmes is 24 months from ASG approval. Accordingly, programmes need to be submitted for academic approval on 1st December for teaching to begin in September 17 months hence.
A Welsh Language Impact Assessment must be completed for all new programme developments and stand alone modules
- Procedure to Suspend or Discontinue Programmes
- Request to Suspend/Delete a Scheme of Study
- Request to rename a scheme of study
In order to improve the linkage for modules to programme learning outcomes and to ensure programme developments are evidence-based, from October 2020, we will accept standalone modules only where they have been approved by the Enhancement Group as part of programme-level annual review, where they are required by PSRBs and, in rare cases, where they are necessary to address changes in staffing. Please see code of practice 08 for further details.
The deadline for new modules for 2021/22 is Monday 1st February 2021.
- Guidelines for the approval of New Modules
- Module Proposal or Revision Form
- Bangor University Module Catalog (PIP)
Assistance with validation procedures
If you need help with the validation procedures then please contact:
- Ms Wendy Williams (Quality Assurance Officer) ext 8384 [e-mail]
- Dr. Myfanwy Davies (Head of Quality Assurance and Validation) ext. 3217 [e-mail]