Approval Process for New Programmes
The timeline for validation other than for fast track programmes is 24 months from ASG approval. Accordingly, programmes need to be submitted for academic approval on 1st December for teaching to begin in September 21 months hence.
The University is committed to providing an appropriate and increasing level of challenge to its students across their studies. A key component of a challenge-based curriculum is providing signposting to students on the level of challenge introduced at each level through clearly worded learning outcomes.
- Bloom's Taxonomy
- Article: 6 Alternatives to Bloom's Taxonomy
- QAA Frameworks for Higher Education Qualifications
A Welsh Language Impact Assessment must be completed for all new programme developments and stand alone modules
- Procedure to Suspend or Discontinue Programmes
- Request to Suspend/Delete a Scheme of Study
- Request to rename a scheme of study
In order to improve the linkage for modules to programme learning outcomes and to ensure programme developments are evidence-based, from October 2020, we will accept standalone modules only where they have been approved by the Enhancement Group as part of programme-level annual review, where they are required by PSRBs and, in rare cases, where they are necessary to address changes in staffing. Please see code of practice 08 for further details.
The deadline for new modules for 2022/23 is Tuesday 1st February 2022.
- Guidelines for the approval of New Modules
- Module Proposal or Revision Form
- Bangor University Module Catalog (PIP)
Assistance with validation procedures
If you need help with the validation procedures then please contact:
- Ms Wendy Williams (Quality Assurance Officer) ext 8384 [e-mail]
- Dr. Myfanwy Davies (Head of Quality Assurance and Validation) ext. 3217 [e-mail]