Approval Process for Covid-19 Changes for 2020/21
A cross-University project has developed a proportioate response to maintain our academic standards as we adapt our teaching for 2020/21. The work draws on advice from the QAA, OfS and general guidance provided by the CMA. The aims of this process is to enable Academic and QA staff to focus on those cases where the delivery of programme learning outcomes may be disrupted and to ensure as smooth a transition as possible for students and clear communication of options to them. Please note that immediate action is required and any documentation needs to arrive at the Quality Assurance & Validation Unit (via Sarah Jackson) by 1st August 2020.
The primary responsbility for ensuring changes in academic provision is adequately overseen lies with School Directors of Teaching and Learning. A suggested timeline is provided below.
Suggested initial process:
- Quality Assurance and Validation Unit Briefing with School DTLs, if not already recevied.
- School DTLs brief School on process and responsibilities.
- Schools decide what, if any changes are required to their modules, collate these changes and pass on to School DTL.
- School DTLs complete their School Plan initially for modules and evaluate the level of risk based on the guidance above and advice from the Quality Assurance and Validation Unit .
- School DTLs and key staff assess changes to programmes and identify any orange or red risks for programmes within the school.
- School DTLs complete the programme section of the School-level plan
- Forward School Plan to the Quality Assurance and Validation Unit.
- Module Organiser or programme leads complete the module or programme level forms as needed and pass on to School DTL to obtain sign off from DTL and Head of School, and College DTL (for programme-level changes).
- School Plans and any module or programme documentation are sent to the QAVU by 1st August 2020.
Approval Process for New Programmes
- Initial Programme Proposal Form
Please note that to be considered, the Programme Proposal must be signed by both the Head of School and College.
This must be completed before the Programme Outline is sent to Corporate Communications and Marketing
- Procedure to Suspend or Discontinue Programmes
- Request to Suspend/Delete a Scheme of Study
- Request to rename a scheme of study
The deadline for the Quality Assurance and Validation Unit to receive Module Proposal or Revision Forms for 2020/2021 commencement is Tuesday, 4th February 2020.
- Guidelines for the approval of New Modules
- Module Proposal or Revision Form
- Bangor University Module Catalog (PIP)
Assistance with validation procedures
If you need help with the validation procedures then please contact:
- Ms Wendy Williams (Quality Assurance Officer) ext 8384 [e-mail]
- Dr. Myfanwy Davies (Head of Quality Assurance and Validation) ext. 3217 [e-mail]