PGCert in Research Methodology
About this Course
- Bangor Business School Cert in Research Methodology is a postgraduate certificate aimed at individuals who want to pursue a career in research within academic, commercial or non-profit sectors. The Cert is embedded within the first year of your PhD and provides a cutting edge and highly advanced training in research methods and theory within your chosen research topic.
- Our Cert in Research Methodology will support you in developing your PhD research and provide you with an extra degree. Our PhD Pathway and MSc/PGCert is recognised as providing the research methods you need by the ESRC.
- You will be introduced to a variety of research methodologies and develop the ability to critique these and assess their applicability to real world research problems. You will work with real data to gain insight into significant research problems and provide potential solutions. You will also receive training on how to present your research.
The MSc Research Methodology is recognised by the Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC) as a component of the first year of a 3 PhD training programme.
MSc Research Methodology is a 1 year full-time; 2 years part time. The Cert is available only to students in year 1 of their PhD as a part time research training that accompanies their PhD work.
- Compulsory modules
- Research Colloquium
- Foundation in Social Research
- Quantitative Methods Research
- Current Issues in Business & Management
- Quantitative Methods for Financial