Business Law 2022-23
Bangor University International College (Department)
Module - Semester 1 & 2
The main topics studied in the module are:
a) Main elements of the legal system in England and Wales as it relates to businesses and their activities
b) Different types of businesses and how their differences affect their management structures and the legal responsibilities they have under the law.
c) Law around the concept of negligence and the responsibilities of businesses in this regard
d) Introduction to the law of tort
e) Consumer protection legislation
f) Introduction to the notion of ethical behaviour in business
-threshold -Grade DStudent has made sufficient progress in the study of this module to achieve the lowest level of pass allowing for progression onto an undergraduate degree.
-good -Grade BStudent has displayed a sound basic knowledge and understanding of much of the material studied in this module and achieved a high enough grade to indicate a clear ability to cope with the demands of an undergraduate level degree.
-excellent -Grade AStudent has engaged consistently well with all aspects of the module and strong achievement in assessments indicates the ability to perform effectively at undergraduate degree level.
- Demonstrate an appropriate awareness of the way in which the law impacts upon modern business, in the guise of case law and statute
- Demonstrate an appropriate capacity for analytic and deductive reasoning, particularly through the use of problem solving by way of case-study questions
- Demonstrate an appropriate understanding of modern business entities, contract and negligence law
- Present competent and coherent arguments
- Show an appropriate facility in handling source material and evaluating the law relevant to the issues addressed by legal problem situations
An interim test set mid-way through the module and having a focus on the topics covered in the first half of the module.