Tiwt Acad.&Sgiliau Allweddol
Tiwtorialau Academcaidd a Sgiliau Allweddol 2023-24
School Of Natural Sciences
Module - Semester 1
REQUIRES TRANSLATION During the welcome week (i.e. week 0 of the first year), students and their allocated tutor will meet and timetable 5 tutorial sessions to be spread throughout semester 1. In addition there will be a series of research talks given by academic staff in semester 1. In semester 2 there will be introductory GIS and information literacy sessions. During the first tutorial, tutors will discuss with their students the nature of the course, and the learning outcomes that are to be achieved. The tutor will lead a discussion on a topic for study, and the students will receive a list of suggested reading and a description of the task to be completed (i.e. essay or presentation). In subsequent tutorials, students will receive formative feedback on presented work, and the tutor will introduce the following topics and tasks. Topics covered will be chosen by the course director to be relevant and informative to the particular degree stream each student is following, thus the actual course content will vary between individuals. However, in order to ensure consistency across the school, the following overarching themes will be covered: the importance of factual accuracy when conveying information to the public and others, the role of a sound evidence base in policy making, the importance of interdisciplinary thinking.
- Crynhoi erthyglau gwyddonol neu erthyglau o gyfnodolion.
- Cymryd rhan weithredol mewn trafodaethau yn ystod seminarau pwnc-benodol.
- Defnyddio adnoddau'r llyfrgell i chwilio am lenyddiaeth.
- Rhoi cyflwyniadau llafar byr gan ddefnyddio cyfarpar gweledol addas a glynu wrth yr amser a roddir ar gyfer y cyflwyniad.
- Ysgrifennu traethodau gwyddonol rhesymegol a threfnus gan ddefnyddio a chrynhoi gwybodaeth addas o weithiau gwyddonol.