Computer Systems & Networks
Computer Systems & Networks 2023-24
School Of Computer Science And Electronic Engineering
Module - Semester 2
Indicative content includes:
- IP Addressing and Subnets and structures of networks.
- Routing and Switching, and operation of packet-based networls.
- Transport protocols (TCP and UDP) and their operation.
- Higher-level protocols (HTTP, SMTP, etc.) and relation to low-level protocols.
- Message formats and encoding; translating application data to network forms.
- Connection to networks and adapters; hardware used.
- WiFi (wireless LANs)
- Apply rules for IP addressing and subnetting to given network scenarios.
- Differentiate high-level and transport-layer protocols and their place within networks.
- Differentiate layers of the OSI model and the actions each layer contains.
- Distinguish different roles for devices on a network, including hubs, switches, routers, and gateways.