Web Technologies (Cambria) 2023-24
Ysgol Cyfrifiadureg a Pheirianneg Electronig
Modiwl - Semester 1 a 2
Indicative content includes:
- Foundational Internet concepts; networks; OSI 7 layer model; basic network architecture; routing; domain names; email; ftp; telnet; HTTP; protocols and standards
- WWW concepts of client / server v. peer-to-peer, structure, remote access; Internet resources – types, content and architecture; URI, and URI resolution, URL;
- Search engines, search engine optimisation; search methods;
- New technologies e.g. mobile web and impact on accessibility / usability, user experience, security, netiquette etc.
-threshold -Equivalent to 40%.Uses key areas of theory or knowledge to meet the Learning Outcomes of the module. Is able to formulate an appropriate solution to accurately solve tasks and questions. Can identify individual aspects, but lacks an awareness of links between them and the wider contexts. Outputs can be understood, but lack structure and/or coherence.
-good -Equivalent to the range 60%-69%.Is able to analyse a task or problem to decide which aspects of theory and knowledge to apply. Solutions are of a workable quality, demonstrating understanding of underlying principles. Major themes can be linked appropriately but may not be able to extend this to individual aspects. Outputs are readily understood, with an appropriate structure but may lack sophistication.
-excellent -Equivalent to the range 70%+.Assemble critically evaluated, relevant areas of knowledge and theory to constuct professional-level solutions to tasks and questions presented. Is able to cross-link themes and aspects to draw considered conclusions. Presents outputs in a cohesive, accurate, and efficient manner.
- Demonstrate principles of web and client-side programming.
- Explain how information is accessed and made accessible using the internet.
- Recognise the security, reliability and user experience (UX) implications of technologies used on the Web.
- Understand the foundational web technologies and protocols.
Create a small website using valid HTML & CSS and upload to a live web server. Site to contain rich-media content and must be accessible. Development of the site will be recorded in a journal.
Exam (Centrally Scheduled)
Individual time-constrained (2 hours) closed book class test to ascertain understanding gained.