Appl Biomechanics & Anatomy
Applied Biomechanics & Anatomy 2023-24
School Of Human And Behavioural Sciences
Module - Semester 1
Topics may include: (1) Foundations of human movement in sport and exercise (2) Human anatomy applied to sport and exercise (3) Biomechanical units of measurements (4) Linear kinematics (5) Angular kinematics (6) Linear kinetics (7) Angular kinetics (8) Laws of motion (9) Projectiles (10) Fluid mechanics
-threshold -(D) Basic/appropriate knowledge of the key biomechanical and anatomical concepts together with a basic understanding of how to apply these in the sport settings. Workings for calculations will likely be present but may contain many errors.
-good -(B) Good grasp of the key biomechanical and anatomical concepts together with a reasonable understanding of how to apply these in the sport setting. Workings for calculations will be present, but with errors.
-excellent -(A) Excellent knowledge of biomechanical and anatomical concepts and calculations, together with a very good understanding of how to apply these in a sport setting. Workings for calculations will be clear and thorough, with very few errors.
- Ability to apply the mathematical computations fundamental to quantitative analysis and interpretation of human movement.
- Ability to describe Newton's laws of motion and their relevance to sports and exercise.
- Ability to describe the appropriate anatomical terminology in human movements.
- Ability to describe the fundamental principles of kinematics and kinetics in linear and angular motions.
- Ability to use the correct biomechanical units of measurements.
Exam (Centrally Scheduled)
A combination of multiple-choice and short-answer questions.