Rhedir gan School of Arts, Culture and Language
10.000 Credyd neu 5.000 Credyd ECTS
Trefnydd: Mr Ruben Chapela-Orri
- To introduce students to the advanced level of the language.
- To enable students to develop more advanced oral skills.
This module runs during the first semester and is aimed at students with prior knowledge of German. The course is based on a communicative approach and helps students to enhance all the key language skills: reading, writing, speaking and listening. After each of the contact hours, students are expected to spend at least 30 minutes of self-study to revise and consolidate what they have learned in class. By the end of this course students will approach level B1-2 as defined by the Common European Framework, Language Assessment Scales.(1)
The texbook for this course will be: Menschen. Deutsch als Fremdsprache. Kursbuch A2, by Charlotte Habersack, Angela Pude and Franz Specht(Hueber, 2013).
(1) Level B1-2: Can understand the main ideas of complex text on both concrete and abstract topics, including technical discussions in his/her field of specialisation. Can interact with a degree of fluency and spontaneity that makes regular interaction with native speakers quite possible without strain for either party. Can produce clear, detailed text on a wide range of subjects and explain a viewpoint on a topical issue giving the advantages and disadvantages of various options.
70+%: For the award of the highest grade, students should demonstrate a detailed comprehension of the various grammatical areas studied and an ability to implement them confidently in specific situations.
40-49%: For the award of credit, students should demonstrate a satisfactory comprehension of the various grammatical areas studied and an ability to implement them in specific situations at a basic level.
50-69%: For the award of higher grades, students should demonstrate a solid comprehension of the various grammatical areas studied and an ability to implement them in specific situations.
An understanding of the following topics and functions: - Talking about oneself and others: family; daily routine; preferences; likes/dislikes; hobbies and free time both in the present and in the past - Expressing emotions - reacting to events - Applying for jobs - Giving and understanding instructions - Talking about hypotheses - expressing opinions and describing consequences
An understanding of the following grammar: - Present and past tenses (including pluperfect) - The subjunctive - The conditional - Conjunctions - Reflexive verbs - Prepositional verbs - Reported speech - The imperative - Conditional clauses
Strategaeth addysgu a dysgu
2 hours per week for 10 weeks
- Llythrennedd - Medrusrwydd mewn darllen ac ysgrifennu drwy amrywiaeth o gyfryngau
- Sgiliau Rhyngbersonol - Gallu gofyn cwestiynau, gwrando'n astud ar atebion a'u harchwilio
Goblygiadau o ran adnoddau ar gyfer myfyrwyr
Purchase of Core text.