Consumers in Global & Digital World
Rhedir gan Bangor Business School
15.000 Credyd neu 7.500 Credyd ECTS
Trefnydd: Dr Sara Parry
This module will introduce students to the main theories which purport to explain consumer behaviour from the perspective of gaining an understanding of the consumer as an individual as well as how consumers are influenced by their cultural environment. Given that the internet has become an essential part of modern day life this module will provide students with an understanding of how consumer behaviour is impacted as a result of changes in the way goods and services are marketed and sold online. This module also examines the critical issues and trends whereby the internet has changed consumer behaviour spanning across traditional/geographic boundaries.
The module contents covers introducing students to consumer behaviour across cultures. Understanding the consumer as an individual is a large part of the module and this includes topics such as attitudes, emotions, identity. Consumer decision-making is also important and is covered in the module. The role and impact of culture in consumer behaviour is embedded throughout the module topics. Much of consumer behaviour is now online and there is a focus on new technology, trends, as well as digital consumer behaviour theory.
C- i C+
C- to C+ (50-59%) Satisfactory standard: No major omissions or inaccuracies in the deployment of information/skills. Some grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practical elements. Integration of theory/practice/information present intermittently in pursuit of the assessed work’s objectives.
B- to B+ (60-69%) Average Standard: Much of the relevant information and skills mostly accurately deployed. Adequate grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practical elements. Fair integration of theory/practice/information in the pursuit of the assessed work's objectives. Some evidence of the use of creative and reflective skills.
High Standard: Very good performance Most of the relevant information accurately deployed. Good grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practical elements. Good integration of theory/practice/information in pursuit of the assessed work's objectives. Evidence of the use of creative and reflective skills.
A- to A*+ (70% +) Excellent standard: An outstanding performance, exceptionally able. The relevant information accurately deployed. Excellent grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practice elements. Good integration of theory/practice/information in pursuit of the assessed work's objectives. Strong evidence of the use of creative and reflective skills.
Demonstrate a thorough understanding of a wide-range of cultural theories and critically evaluate how they might influence individual behaviour.
Demonstrate a thorough understanding of and be able to critically evaluate consumer behaviour theories and concepts and their application across cultures.
Critically analyse the impact of the digital marketplace on consumers and consumer behaviour.
Unseen 2 hour essay style exam with a choice of 2 questions out of 5.
|INDIVIDUAL BLOG||Consumer Behaviour Blog||
Write two short blog posts of a maximum of 500 words each. Each blog post must (a) link to a theory or concept covered in the module and (b) highlight the applicability of the theory or concept to marketing practices aimed at understanding or influencing consumer behaviour. You must cite a minimum of three sources for each blog post with at least one journal source for each post.
Strategaeth addysgu a dysgu
2 hour lectures with 2 or 4 hours per week varying across the weeks of the semester. 30 hours of lectures in total. Lectures will incorporate long and short class exercises with input from students.
- Llythrennedd - Medrusrwydd mewn darllen ac ysgrifennu drwy amrywiaeth o gyfryngau
- Hunanreolaeth - Gallu gweithio mewn ffordd effeithlon, prydlon a threfnus. Gallu edrych ar ganlyniadau tasgau a digwyddiadau, a barnu lefelau o ansawdd a phwysigrwydd
- Archwilio - Gallu ymchwilio ac ystyried dewisiadau eraill
- Adalw gwybodaeth - Gallu mynd at wahanol ac amrywiol ffynonellau gwybodaeth
- Cyflwyniad - Gallu cyflwyno gwybodaeth ac esboniadau yn glir i gynulleidfa. Trwy gyfryngau ysgrifenedig neu ar lafar yn glir a hyderus.
- Dadl - Gallu cyflwyno, trafod a chyfiawnhau barn neu lwybr gweithredu, naill ai gydag unigolyn neu mewn grwˆp ehangach
Sgiliau pwnc penodol
- Problem solving and critical analysis: analysing facts and circumstances to determine the cause of a problem and identifying and selecting appropriate solutions.
- Research: the ability to analyse and evaluate a range of business data, sources of information and appropriate methodologies, which includes the need for strong digital literacy, and to use that research for evidence-based decision-making.
- Commercial acumen: based on an awareness of the key drivers for business success, causes of failure and the importance of providing customer satisfaction and building customer loyalty.
- Articulating and effectively explaining information.
- Conceptual and critical thinking, analysis, synthesis and evaluation.
- Self-management: a readiness to accept responsibility and flexibility, to be resilient, self-starting and appropriately assertive, to plan, organise and manage time.
Cyrsiau sy’n cynnwys y modiwl hwn
Gorfodol mewn cyrsiau:
- N5AH: MBA International Marketing (January start) year 1 (MBA/IMJ)
- N5AJ: MSc Consumer and Digital Marketing Analytics (January start) year 1 (MSC/CDMAJ)