Marketing Strategy 4.0 & disruptive competitors
Rhedir gan Bangor Business School
15.000 Credyd neu 7.500 Credyd ECTS
Trefnydd: Mr Stephen Jones
To introduce the "fundamentals" of marketing, by illustrating strategies in a wide range of situations, and covering the various schools of thought in marketing, together with relevant analytical models and management practices.
The module commences with a review of the philosophy and process of marketing, including service operations, before considering the challenges of planning in the marketing environment. Planning requires market research to understand the consumer, and needs to reflect the behaviour of organisations as buyers and suppliers. The overall objective of marketing strategy is to create value for all customers, through managing competition and managing products. This requires not only communicating value for customers, and versus competitors, but also the implementation of an integrated marketing strategy which recognises current & future threats and opportunities (Internet, International and Integrity).
B- to B+ (60-69%) Much of the relevant information and skills mostly accurately deployed. Adequate grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practical elements. Fair integration of theory/practice/information in the pursuit of the assessed work's objectives. Some evidence of the use of creative and reflective skills.
A- to A* (70% +)An outstanding performance, exceptionally able. The relevant information accurately deployed. Excellent grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practice elements. Good integration of theory/practice/information in pursuit of the assessed work's objectives. Strong evidence of the use of creative and reflective skills.
C- to C+ (50-59%)No major omissions or inaccuracies in the deployment of information/skills. Some grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practical elements. Integration of theory/practice/information present intermittently in pursuit of the assessed work's objectives.
Demonstrate basic understanding, critical awareness and knowledge of concepts of marketing.
Appreciate the wide-ranging applications in which marketing applies and the adjustments required.
Aanalyse specific situations and propose appropriate marketing strategies.
Evaluate the challenges of implementing effective strategies.
Strategaeth addysgu a dysgu
Discussion Boards typically accompany case studies introduced in the module. Students reflect & contribute their own view of the particular issue/topic in the DB. Participation in DBs is intended to enhance student confidence in applying concepts to situations.
One 3-hour lecture per week.
- Llythrennedd - Medrusrwydd mewn darllen ac ysgrifennu drwy amrywiaeth o gyfryngau
- Defnyddio cyfrifiaduron - Medrusrwydd wrth ddefnyddio ystod o feddalwedd cyfrifiadurol
- Hunanreolaeth - Gallu gweithio mewn ffordd effeithlon, prydlon a threfnus. Gallu edrych ar ganlyniadau tasgau a digwyddiadau, a barnu lefelau o ansawdd a phwysigrwydd
- Archwilio - Gallu ymchwilio ac ystyried dewisiadau eraill
- Adalw gwybodaeth - Gallu mynd at wahanol ac amrywiol ffynonellau gwybodaeth
- Sgiliau Rhyngbersonol - Gallu gofyn cwestiynau, gwrando'n astud ar atebion a'u harchwilio
- Dadansoddi Beirniadol & Datrys Problem - Gallu dadelfennu a dadansoddi problemau neu sefyllfaoedd cymhleth. Gallu canfod atebion i broblemau drwy ddadansoddiadau ac archwilio posibiliadau
- Cyflwyniad - Gallu cyflwyno gwybodaeth ac esboniadau yn glir i gynulleidfa. Trwy gyfryngau ysgrifenedig neu ar lafar yn glir a hyderus.
- Gwaith Tîm - Gallu cydweithio'n adeiladol ag eraill ar dasg gyffredin, ac/neu fod yn rhan o dîm gweithio o ddydd i ddydd
- Mentora - Gallu cefnogi, helpu, arwain, ysbrydoli ac/neu hyfforddi eraill
- Rheloaeth - Gallu defnyddio, cydlynu a rheoli adnoddau (dynol, ffisegol ac/neu ariannol)
- Dadl - Gallu cyflwyno, trafod a chyfiawnhau barn neu lwybr gweithredu, naill ai gydag unigolyn neu mewn grwˆp ehangach
- Hunanymwybyddiaeth & Ystyried - Bod yn ymwybodol o'ch cryfderau, gwendidau, nodau ac amcanion eich hun. Gallu adolygu ,cloriannu a myfyrio'n rheolaidd ar eich perfformiad eich hun ac eraill.
- Arweinyddiaeth - Gallu arwain a rheoli, datblygu cynlluniau gweithredu ac amcanion, cynnig arweiniad a chyfarwyddyd i eraill, ac ymdopi â'r pwysau sy'n gysylltiedig ag awdurdod o'r fath
Sgiliau pwnc penodol
- People management: to include communications, team building, leadership and motivating others.
- Problem solving and critical analysis: analysing facts and circumstances to determine the cause of a problem and identifying and selecting appropriate solutions.
- Research: the ability to analyse and evaluate a range of business data, sources of information and appropriate methodologies, which includes the need for strong digital literacy, and to use that research for evidence-based decision-making.
- Commercial acumen: based on an awareness of the key drivers for business success, causes of failure and the importance of providing customer satisfaction and building customer loyalty.
- Innovation, creativity and enterprise: the ability to act entrepreneurially to generate, develop and communicate ideas, manage and exploit intellectual property, gain support, and deliver successful outcomes.
- Networking: an awareness of the interpersonal skills of effective listening, negotiating, persuasion and presentation and their use in generating business contacts.
- Ability to work collaboratively both internally and with external customers and an awareness of mutual interdependence.
- Ability to work with people from a range of cultures.
- Articulating and effectively explaining information.
- Building and maintaining relationships.
- Communication and listening including the ability to produce clear, structured business communications in a variety of media.
- Emotional intelligence and empathy.
- Conceptual and critical thinking, analysis, synthesis and evaluation.
- Self-management: a readiness to accept responsibility and flexibility, to be resilient, self-starting and appropriately assertive, to plan, organise and manage time.
- Self reflection: self-analysis and an awareness/sensitivity to diversity in terms of people and cultures. This includes a continuing appetite for development.
Cyrsiau sy’n cynnwys y modiwl hwn
Gorfodol mewn cyrsiau:
- N1BJ: MA Business and Marketing (with Incorporated Pre-Masters) year 1 (MA/BMK1)
- N1AV: MA Business and Marketing year 1 (MA/BUSMRK)
- N1BL: MBA International Business (with Incorporated Pre-Masters) year 1 (MBA/IBUS1)
- N5AD: MBA International Marketing year 1 (MBA/IM)
- N5AE: MBA International Marketing (with Incorporated Pre-Masters) year 1 (MBA/IM1)
- N1BG: MBA International Business year 1 (MBA/INTBUS)
- N2AF: MBA Law and Management year 1 (MBA/LMGT)
- N2BD: MBA Law and Management (with Incorporated Pre-Masters) year 1 (MBA/LMGT1)
- N2AN: MBA Management year 1 (MBA/M)
- N2BA: MBA Management (with Incorporated Pre-Masters) year 1 (MBA/M1)
- N5AG: MSc Consumer & Digital Marketing Analytics year 1 (MSC/CDMA)
Opsiynol mewn cyrsiau:
- P3AS: MSc International Media & Management year 1 (MSC/IMEDM)
- P3AT: MSc Intl Media & Management (with Incorporated Pre-Masters) year 1 (MSC/IMM1)