Contemporary Issues in Mgmt
Contemporary Issues in Management 2022-23
Bangor Business School
Module - Semester 2
Ethical dilemmas in management and organisation (critical management studies); Changing organisation structures and the implications for management; Managing across cultures; Contemporary approaches to leadership; Managing complexity and change; Managing for sustainability.
-threshold -C- - C+Much of the relevant information and skills mostly accurately deployed;Adequate grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practical elements;Fair integration of theory/practice/information in the pursuit of the assessed work's objectives;Some evidence of the use of creative and reflective skills.
-good -B- to B+:Very good performance;Most of the relevant information accurately deployed.;Good grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practical elements;Good integration of theory/practice/information in pursuit of the assessed work's objectives;Evidence of the use of creative and reflective skills.
-excellent -A- to A*An outstanding performance, exceptionally able. The relevant information accurately deployed. Excellent grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practice elements. Good integration of theory/practice/information in pursuit of the assessed work's objectives. Strong evidence of the use of creative and reflective skills.
- Appreciate the different approaches to leadership and their relevance in a multi-cultural context.
- Critically assess the management processes involved in managing in an increasingly complex, fragile global environment.
- Critically evaluate contemporary issues in management.
- Critically reflect on personal experiences of, and dilemmas faced in, contemporary management and organisations.
- Explain the tensions and dilemmas faced in managing in turbulent economies.