Organisations and People (HRM/OB)
Rhedir gan Bangor Business School
15.000 Credyd neu 7.500 Credyd ECTS
Trefnydd: Dr Clair Doloriert
The aim of this course is to provide a critical analysis of managing organisations and people, and developing the conceptual, strategic and practical skills necessary for HRM and OB managers in complex, global organisational contexts. The module draws on key issues arising from contemporary research and best-practice in organisational behaviour (OB) and human resource management (HRM).
Theories and models of HRM and OB; HRM and OB fit with Corporate Strategy Line Management & Hrm Employee Resourcing & Work Design Managing Performance, HRD and Organisational Learning Employee Relations Individual elements of Organisational Behaviour including Perception & Motivation Group Implications for OB and HRM including Teams, Communication, Leadership, Power and Confict Organisational Structure, Culture & Change Challenges and Tensions of HRM & OB
Demonstrates a basic understanding of management/ HRM and organisation behaviour; No major omissions or inaccuracies in the deployment of information/skills; Some grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practical elements; Integration of theory/practice/information present intermittently in pursuit of the assessed work's objectives; Superficial, descriptive reflection on personal experiences.
As above combined with an ability to analyse and discuss different interpretations of management/ HRM and organisation behaviour and explain how these inform managerial activities and priorities; Much of the relevant information and skills mostly accurately deployed; Adequate grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practical elements; Fair integration of theory/practice/information in the pursuit of the assessed work's objectives; Some evidence of the use of creative and reflective skills; Provides detailed, analytical personal reflections.
High Standard: Very good performance; Most of the relevant information accurately deployed; Good grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practical elements; Good integration of theory/practice/information in pursuit of the assessed work's objectives; Evidence of the use of creative and critical reflective skills.
As above but furthermore demonstrating an outstanding critical understanding and application within management/ HRM and organisation behaviour, Student is exceptionally able to critically understand relevant information and demonstrates excellent grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practice elements; Sophisticated integration of theory/practice/information in pursuit of the assessed work's objectives; Strong evidence of the use of creative and critical reflective skills.
Critically evaluate key human resource management and organisational theory and practice.
Critically assess the human resource management and organisational behaviour processes involved in managing in an increasingly complex, global, changing environment.
Critically reflect and relate theories of human resource management and organisational behaviour to personal experiences (of being an employee, manager, working in a group etc)
Understand the group/ team complexities inherent within organisational behaviour and human resource management
Appreciate the strategic, change and leadership elements of OB and HRM
Understand the tensions and challenges within HRM and OB
|CYFLWYNIAD UNIGOL||Individual Video Presentation||
Students are to record (details will be provided in lectures) a 10 minute lecture and upload on/ before the due date. Topics will be provided in workshop 'live' sessions (also recorded) run during the semester
An essay style exam where students are required to answer 2 out of a choice of either 4 or 5 questions based on the theory discussed in the module and from the module textbooks
Strategaeth addysgu a dysgu
Guided reading, individual exercises, lecture preparation, working on coursework assignments and exam preperation
A weekly 3-hour interactive lecture involving student participation through activities and class discussion
- Llythrennedd - Medrusrwydd mewn darllen ac ysgrifennu drwy amrywiaeth o gyfryngau
- Defnyddio cyfrifiaduron - Medrusrwydd wrth ddefnyddio ystod o feddalwedd cyfrifiadurol
- Hunanreolaeth - Gallu gweithio mewn ffordd effeithlon, prydlon a threfnus. Gallu edrych ar ganlyniadau tasgau a digwyddiadau, a barnu lefelau o ansawdd a phwysigrwydd
- Archwilio - Gallu ymchwilio ac ystyried dewisiadau eraill
- Adalw gwybodaeth - Gallu mynd at wahanol ac amrywiol ffynonellau gwybodaeth
- Sgiliau Rhyngbersonol - Gallu gofyn cwestiynau, gwrando'n astud ar atebion a'u harchwilio
- Dadansoddi Beirniadol & Datrys Problem - Gallu dadelfennu a dadansoddi problemau neu sefyllfaoedd cymhleth. Gallu canfod atebion i broblemau drwy ddadansoddiadau ac archwilio posibiliadau
- Cyflwyniad - Gallu cyflwyno gwybodaeth ac esboniadau yn glir i gynulleidfa. Trwy gyfryngau ysgrifenedig neu ar lafar yn glir a hyderus.
- Gwaith Tîm - Gallu cydweithio'n adeiladol ag eraill ar dasg gyffredin, ac/neu fod yn rhan o dîm gweithio o ddydd i ddydd
- Mentora - Gallu cefnogi, helpu, arwain, ysbrydoli ac/neu hyfforddi eraill
- Rheloaeth - Gallu defnyddio, cydlynu a rheoli adnoddau (dynol, ffisegol ac/neu ariannol)
- Dadl - Gallu cyflwyno, trafod a chyfiawnhau barn neu lwybr gweithredu, naill ai gydag unigolyn neu mewn grwˆp ehangach
- Hunanymwybyddiaeth & Ystyried - Bod yn ymwybodol o'ch cryfderau, gwendidau, nodau ac amcanion eich hun. Gallu adolygu ,cloriannu a myfyrio'n rheolaidd ar eich perfformiad eich hun ac eraill.
- Arweinyddiaeth - Gallu arwain a rheoli, datblygu cynlluniau gweithredu ac amcanion, cynnig arweiniad a chyfarwyddyd i eraill, ac ymdopi â'r pwysau sy'n gysylltiedig ag awdurdod o'r fath
Sgiliau pwnc penodol
- People management: to include communications, team building, leadership and motivating others.
- Problem solving and critical analysis: analysing facts and circumstances to determine the cause of a problem and identifying and selecting appropriate solutions.
- Research: the ability to analyse and evaluate a range of business data, sources of information and appropriate methodologies, which includes the need for strong digital literacy, and to use that research for evidence-based decision-making.
- Ability to work with people from a range of cultures.
- Articulating and effectively explaining information.
- Building and maintaining relationships.
- Communication and listening including the ability to produce clear, structured business communications in a variety of media.
- Emotional intelligence and empathy.
- Conceptual and critical thinking, analysis, synthesis and evaluation.
- Self-management: a readiness to accept responsibility and flexibility, to be resilient, self-starting and appropriately assertive, to plan, organise and manage time.
- Self reflection: self-analysis and an awareness/sensitivity to diversity in terms of people and cultures. This includes a continuing appetite for development.
Cyrsiau sy’n cynnwys y modiwl hwn
Gorfodol mewn cyrsiau:
- N1BJ: MA Business and Marketing (with Incorporated Pre-Masters) year 1 (MA/BMK1)
- N1AV: MA Business and Marketing year 1 (MA/BUSMRK)
- N3AD: MBA Banking and Finance year 1 (MBA/BIF)
- N3DG: MBA Banking and Finance (with Incorporated Pre-Masters) year 1 (MBA/BIF1)
- N2AU: MBA Environmental Management year 1 (MBA/EM)
- N2BB: MBA Environmental Management (with Incorporated Pre-Masters) year 1 (MBA/EM1)
- N3BV: MBA Finance year 1 (MBA/FIN)
- N3DH: MBA Finance (with Incorporated Pre-Masters) year 1 (MBA/FIN1)
- N3CN: MBA Finance (10 month) year 1 (MBA/FIN10)
- N3BM: MBA Islamic Banking and Finance year 1 (MBA/IB)
- N3DK: MBA Islamic Banking & Finance (with incorp pre-Masters) year 1 (MBA/IB1)
- N1BL: MBA International Business (with Incorporated Pre-Masters) year 1 (MBA/IBUS1)
- N5AD: MBA International Marketing year 1 (MBA/IM)
- N5AE: MBA International Marketing (with Incorporated Pre-Masters) year 1 (MBA/IM1)
- N2BC: MBA Information Management (with Incorporated Pre-Masters) year 1 (MBA/INFM1)
- N2AS: MBA Information Management year 1 (MBA/INFOMAN)
- N1BG: MBA International Business year 1 (MBA/INTBUS)
- N3BC: MBA Banking and Law year 1 (MBA/LBANK)
- N2AF: MBA Law and Management year 1 (MBA/LMGT)
- N2BD: MBA Law and Management (with Incorporated Pre-Masters) year 1 (MBA/LMGT1)
- N2AN: MBA Management year 1 (MBA/M)
- N2BA: MBA Management (with Incorporated Pre-Masters) year 1 (MBA/M1)
- D4AE: MSc Environmental and Business Management year 1 (MSC/EBM)
- N2AY: MSc Management and Finance (with Incorporated Pre-Masters) year 1 (MSC/MANF1)
- N2AO: MSc Management and Finance year 1 (MSC/MANFIN)
Opsiynol mewn cyrsiau:
- P3AS: MSc International Media & Management year 1 (MSC/IMEDM)
- P3AT: MSc Intl Media & Management (with Incorporated Pre-Masters) year 1 (MSC/IMM1)