Rhedir gan Bangor Business School
15 Credyd neu 7.5 Credyd ECTS
Trefnydd: Dr Sonya Hanna
The globalization of companies is the involvement of customers, producers, suppliers, retailers and other stakeholders in the global marketing process. International marketing reflects the trend of companies selling products and services across national boundaries. This module provides an overview of contemporary international marketing issues and trends as well as the international marketing planning process.
The content will cover the key concepts, theories and issues involved in international marketing, including the influences of the macro-environment, on international marketing. The students will assess the different market entry modes available to companies and consider the challenges surrounding the design of the international marketing mix for different international markets.
High Standard (B- to B+ / 60-69%) Very good performance. Most of the relevant information accurately deployed. Good grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practical elements. Good integration of theory/practice/information in pursuit of the assessed work's objectives. Evidence of the use of creative and reflective skills.
Average Standard (C- to C+ / 50 - 59 %) Much of the relevant information and skills mostly accurately deployed. Adequate grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practical elements. Fair integration of theory/practice/information in the pursuit of the assessed work's objectives. Some evidence of the use of creative and reflective skills.
Excellent (A- to A* / 70+ %) An outstanding performance, exceptionally able. The relevant information accurately deployed. Excellent grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practice elements. Good integration of theory/practice/information in pursuit of the assessed work's objectives. Strong evidence of the use of creative and reflective skills.
Demonstrate a thorough understanding of and be able to critically evaluate the theories and principles underlying international marketing practice, to include commercial and professional literature.
Apply the techniques used by international marketers in developing and evaluating market entry strategies.
Apply the techniques used by international marketers to analyse, evaluate and create an international marketing programme for a successful brand.
Apply managerial judgement and critical skills to analyse and evaluate international marketing issues and decisions.
|CYNLLUN YSGRIFENEDIG||Group case-study Assignment||
The students are to imagine that they represent the market implementation group of an ‘existing’ multinational corporation/brand. They must develop an international marketing plan for their chosen multinational corporation/brand that will aid the corporations entry into a new foreign market, with reference to specific international marketing concepts (as outlined in the assignment detail). WebPA will be implemented to self and peer assess contribution.
|Written assignment, including essay||Individual Reflective Essay||
The students are to critically reflect upon the learning gained and the contribution made to their knowledge of international marketing, with reference to specific international marketing concepts.
Strategaeth addysgu a dysgu
30 hours: one 2hr lecture per week for 10 weeks, followed by 1hr seminar/tutorial per week for 10 weeks.
- Archwilio - Gallu ymchwilio ac ystyried dewisiadau eraill
- Adalw gwybodaeth - Gallu mynd at wahanol ac amrywiol ffynonellau gwybodaeth
- Sgiliau Rhyngbersonol - Gallu gofyn cwestiynau, gwrando'n astud ar atebion a'u harchwilio
- Gwaith Tîm - Gallu cydweithio'n adeiladol ag eraill ar dasg gyffredin, ac/neu fod yn rhan o dîm gweithio o ddydd i ddydd
Sgiliau pwnc penodol
- Ability to work with people from a range of cultures.
- Articulating and effectively explaining information.
- Building and maintaining relationships.
- Conceptual and critical thinking, analysis, synthesis and evaluation.
- Self-management: a readiness to accept responsibility and flexibility, to be resilient, self-starting and appropriately assertive, to plan, organise and manage time.
This module is based on a core text and supplementary commercial/professional sources.
Rhagofynion a Chydofynion
Rhagofynnol ar gyfer:
Cyrsiau sy’n cynnwys y modiwl hwn
Gorfodol mewn cyrsiau:
- N1BJ: MA Business and Marketing (with Incorporated Pre-Masters) year 1 (MA/BMK1)
- N1AV: MA Business and Marketing year 1 (MA/BUSMRK)
- N5AD: MBA International Marketing year 1 (MBA/IM)
- N5AE: MBA International Marketing (with Incorporated Pre-Masters) year 1 (MBA/IM1)
- N5AG: MSc Consumer & Digital Marketing Analytics year 1 (MSC/CDMA)