International Marketing Communication
International Marketing Communication 2022-23
Bangor Business School
Module - Semester 1
The module content includes an introduction to International Marketing Communication (MarCom). This includes MarCom’s communication challenges and objective setting as well as the fundamentals of MarCom decisions (targeting and positioning). Models and theories on communication are covered as well as a range of MarCom tools (e.g., advertising, social media). Strategic decisions such as whether or not to adopt standardisation across different countries or regsions are also considered. Finally the module includes a focus on evaluating MarCom effectiveness.
• Introduction to international marketing communication • MarCom’s communication challenges and objective setting • Fundamentals of MarCom decisions: Targeting and positioning • Models and theories of communication • The role of the message • Advertising: Traditional and social media • Sponsorship and PR • Evaluation of international marketing communication programmes • Standardisation vs adaptation
A- to A* (70% +) An outstanding performance with relevant information accurately deployed. Excellent grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practice elements. Good integration of theory/practice/information in pursuit of the assessed work's objectives. Strong evidence of the use of creative and reflective skills.
B- to B+ (60-69%) Much of the relevant information and skills mostly accurately deployed. Adequate grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practical elements. Fair integration of theory/practice/information in the pursuit of the assessed work's objectives. Some evidence of the use of creative and reflective skills.
C- to C+ (50-59%) No major omissions or inaccuracies in the deployment of information/skills. Some grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practical elements. Integration of theory/practice/information present intermittently in pursuit of the assessed work's objectives.
- Apply managerial judgement and analytical and critical skills to promotion problems.
- Apply the techniques used by marketers in developing international marketing communications.
- Develop a creative marketing communication plan.
- Understand and critically evaluate the theories and principles underlying marketing communication practice.
Marketing Communication Report
Exam (Centrally Scheduled)