Int'l Marketing Project
Rhedir gan Bangor Business School
60 Credyd neu 30 Credyd ECTS
Trefnydd: Prof Louise Hassan
This module introduces you to research in action. Students will be provided with a research brief (by an academic member of staff) and must work either individually or in a team to design and collect data to answer the aim and objectives given in the research brief. The module will allow students to put into practice skills and insight that they have gain in the taught element of the programme to help solve a “real world” marketing problem. Students will be required to conduct both secondary and primary research across a minimum of two countries. On completion of the module students will have gained practical experience in undertaking research, bridged the theory- practice gap and gained skills in effective written communication.
Students can work individually or in teams on a brief provided by a member of staff. Students will be given a deadline to complete the team element of the project (this element involves the design and collection of primary data if applicable). The research will be written up individually in the form of a marketing report. There is no set syllabus as the tasks required will depend on the brief given. Students will have the opportunity to select a brief to work on from those available. No more than 4 students can work on the same brief.
C- to C+ (50-59%) Satisfactory standard: No major omissions or inaccuracies in the deployment of information/skills. Some grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practical elements. Integration of theory/practice/information present intermittently in pursuit of the assessed work's objectives.
A- to A* (70% +) Excellent standard: An outstanding performance, exceptionally able. The relevant information accurately deployed. Excellent grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practice elements. Good integration of theory/practice/information in pursuit of the assessed work's objectives. Strong evidence of the use of creative and reflective skills.
B- to B+ (60-69%) Average Standard: Much of the relevant information and skills mostly accurately deployed. Adequate grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practical elements. Fair integration of theory/practice/information in the pursuit of the assessed work's objectives. Some evidence of the use of creative and reflective skills.
High Standard: Very good performance Most of the relevant information accurately deployed. Good grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practical elements. Good integration of theory/practice/information in pursuit of the assessed work's objectives. Evidence of the use of creative and reflective skills
Acquire skills in report writing.
Apply managerial judgement, analytical and critical skills to interpret and understand the relevancy of marketing theories and research data in tackling a real world international marketing problem.
Plan, organise and manage an extensive international marketing research project on the chosen topic.
Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the international marketing research process.
|ADDRODDIAD||Individual Project Report, 10,000 - 15,000 words (dissertation)||
Project report covering all stages of the project.
4-page terms of reference with develops ideas from the research brief given to students. This includes providing detail such as: the project background and precise aim and set of objectives (or research questions); concrete ideas on theoretical backbone or key studies that have informed the research project (can be from journals or practitioner sources) as well as relevancy of the study to academic and/or practitioner audience; the proposed methodology giving details such as sample plan, countries of study, potential variables of interest and data analysis methods to be employed; list of secondary sources available to assist in providing ideas for the project; resources or constraints and roles of team members (e.g. who is collecting data where) as well as any issues considered out of the scope of the project. Time plan is needed in addition to the terms of reference.
Strategaeth addysgu a dysgu
One 2 hour at the beginning of the summer term will introduce students to the background to the module and the requirements. Students will have three 2 hour meetings with staff to gain guidance in developing the team element of the project and a further 2 hours of individual meetings to gain guidance and feedback on the write up of the assignment.
Meetings with staff
- Llythrennedd - Medrusrwydd mewn darllen ac ysgrifennu drwy amrywiaeth o gyfryngau
- Rhifedd - Medrusrwydd wrth ddefnyddio rhifau ar lefelau priodol o gywirdeb
- Defnyddio cyfrifiaduron - Medrusrwydd wrth ddefnyddio ystod o feddalwedd cyfrifiadurol
- Hunanreolaeth - Gallu gweithio mewn ffordd effeithlon, prydlon a threfnus. Gallu edrych ar ganlyniadau tasgau a digwyddiadau, a barnu lefelau o ansawdd a phwysigrwydd
- Archwilio - Gallu ymchwilio ac ystyried dewisiadau eraill
- Adalw gwybodaeth - Gallu mynd at wahanol ac amrywiol ffynonellau gwybodaeth
- Sgiliau Rhyngbersonol - Gallu gofyn cwestiynau, gwrando'n astud ar atebion a'u harchwilio
- Dadansoddi Beirniadol & Datrys Problem - Gallu dadelfennu a dadansoddi problemau neu sefyllfaoedd cymhleth. Gallu canfod atebion i broblemau drwy ddadansoddiadau ac archwilio posibiliadau
- Cyflwyniad - Gallu cyflwyno gwybodaeth ac esboniadau yn glir i gynulleidfa. Trwy gyfryngau ysgrifenedig neu ar lafar yn glir a hyderus.
- Gwaith Tîm - Gallu cydweithio'n adeiladol ag eraill ar dasg gyffredin, ac/neu fod yn rhan o dîm gweithio o ddydd i ddydd
- Rheloaeth - Gallu defnyddio, cydlynu a rheoli adnoddau (dynol, ffisegol ac/neu ariannol)
- Dadl - Gallu cyflwyno, trafod a chyfiawnhau barn neu lwybr gweithredu, naill ai gydag unigolyn neu mewn grwˆp ehangach
- Arweinyddiaeth - Gallu arwain a rheoli, datblygu cynlluniau gweithredu ac amcanion, cynnig arweiniad a chyfarwyddyd i eraill, ac ymdopi â'r pwysau sy'n gysylltiedig ag awdurdod o'r fath
Sgiliau pwnc penodol
- Problem solving and critical analysis: analysing facts and circumstances to determine the cause of a problem and identifying and selecting appropriate solutions.
- Research: the ability to analyse and evaluate a range of business data, sources of information and appropriate methodologies, which includes the need for strong digital literacy, and to use that research for evidence-based decision-making.
- Commercial acumen: based on an awareness of the key drivers for business success, causes of failure and the importance of providing customer satisfaction and building customer loyalty.
- Numeracy: the use of quantitative skills to manipulate data, evaluate, estimate and model business problems, functions and phenomena.
- Ability to work with people from a range of cultures.
- Articulating and effectively explaining information.
- Conceptual and critical thinking, analysis, synthesis and evaluation.
- Self-management: a readiness to accept responsibility and flexibility, to be resilient, self-starting and appropriately assertive, to plan, organise and manage time.
Rhagofynion a Chydofynion
Cyrsiau sy’n cynnwys y modiwl hwn
Gorfodol mewn cyrsiau:
- N5AD: MBA International Marketing year 1 (MBA/IM)
- N5AE: MBA International Marketing (with Incorporated Pre-Masters) year 1 (MBA/IM1)
- N5AG: MSc Consumer & Digital Marketing Analytics year 1 (MSC/CDMA)