Global Brand Management
Rhedir gan Bangor Business School
15.000 Credyd neu 7.500 Credyd ECTS
Trefnydd: Dr Georgina Smith
Building a high value brand is at the heart of successful companies. This module will teach students the foundations of what is a brand, what a brand can and cannot offer, the factors that are important in building and maintaining a positive brand image as well as building brand equity and finally how to develop a brand from a national brand into a global brand. The module will study different brand categories including for example manufacturer/private-label brands and luxury brands. Further, the meaning of brands for consumers will be studied. A number of case studies will be used to learn from real life examples of how brands become global and successful.
• Introduction to brand management principles and practices • Defining and categorising brands • Brand equity theory • Brand positioning theory • Consumers and brands • Planning and implementing brand management programmes 1 • Planning and implementing brand management programmes 2 • Measuring, interpreting and monitoring brand performance • Growing and sustaining brand equity
C- to C+ (50-59%) Satisfactory standard: No major omissions or inaccuracies in the deployment of information/skills. Some grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practical elements. Integration of theory/practice/information present intermittently in pursuit of the assessed work's objectives.
A- to A* (70% + ) Excellent standard: An outstanding performance, exceptionally able. The relevant information accurately deployed. Excellent grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practice elements. Good integration of theory/practice/information in pursuit of the assessed work's objectives. Strong evidence of the use of creative and reflective skills.
B- to B+ (60-69%) Average Standard: Much of the relevant information and skills mostly accurately deployed. Adequate grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practical elements. Fair integration of theory/practice/information in the pursuit of the assessed work's objectives. Some evidence of the use of creative and reflective skills.
High Standard: Very good performance. Most of the relevant information accurately deployed. Good grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practical elements. Good integration of theory/practice/information in pursuit of the assessed work's objectives. Evidence of the use of creative and reflective skills.
Demonstrate a thorough understanding of and be able to critically evaluate the theories and principles underlying global brand management practices.
Analyse and critique the techniques used by brand managers in developing a successful global brand.
Apply managerial judgement, analytical and critical skills to brand management issues and problems.
Strategaeth addysgu a dysgu
Lectures 3 hours per week for 10 weeks.
- Hunanreolaeth - Gallu gweithio mewn ffordd effeithlon, prydlon a threfnus. Gallu edrych ar ganlyniadau tasgau a digwyddiadau, a barnu lefelau o ansawdd a phwysigrwydd
- Archwilio - Gallu ymchwilio ac ystyried dewisiadau eraill
- Dadansoddi Beirniadol & Datrys Problem - Gallu dadelfennu a dadansoddi problemau neu sefyllfaoedd cymhleth. Gallu canfod atebion i broblemau drwy ddadansoddiadau ac archwilio posibiliadau
- Dadl - Gallu cyflwyno, trafod a chyfiawnhau barn neu lwybr gweithredu, naill ai gydag unigolyn neu mewn grwˆp ehangach
Sgiliau pwnc penodol
- Problem solving and critical analysis: analysing facts and circumstances to determine the cause of a problem and identifying and selecting appropriate solutions.
- Research: the ability to analyse and evaluate a range of business data, sources of information and appropriate methodologies, which includes the need for strong digital literacy, and to use that research for evidence-based decision-making.
- Conceptual and critical thinking, analysis, synthesis and evaluation.
- Self-management: a readiness to accept responsibility and flexibility, to be resilient, self-starting and appropriately assertive, to plan, organise and manage time.
Cyrsiau sy’n cynnwys y modiwl hwn
Gorfodol mewn cyrsiau:
- N5AD: MBA International Marketing year 1 (MBA/IM)
- N5AE: MBA International Marketing (with Incorporated Pre-Masters) year 1 (MBA/IM1)
- N5AG: MSc Consumer & Digital Marketing Analytics year 1 (MSC/CDMA)
Opsiynol mewn cyrsiau:
- N1BJ: MA Business and Marketing (with Incorporated Pre-Masters) year 1 (MA/BMK1)
- N1AV: MA Business and Marketing year 1 (MA/BUSMRK)
- N1BL: MBA International Business (with Incorporated Pre-Masters) year 1 (MBA/IBUS1)
- N1BG: MBA International Business year 1 (MBA/INTBUS)
- N2AN: MBA Management year 1 (MBA/M)
- N2BA: MBA Management (with Incorporated Pre-Masters) year 1 (MBA/M1)