Applied Business Projects
Applied Business Projects 2022-23
Bangor Business School
Module - Semester 3
Students will choose four Applied Business Projects from the list below:
Behavioural Finance Business Planning International Business Leadership in rapidly changing environments Operations Strategy
-threshold -C- to C+ (50-59%) No major omissions or inaccuracies in the deployment of information/skills.Some grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practical elements.Integration of theory/practice/information present intermittently in pursuit of the assessed work's objectives
-good -B- to B+ (60-69%) Much of the relevant information and skills mostly accurately deployed.Adequate grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practical elements.Fair integration of theory/practice/information in the pursuit of the assessed work's objectives.Some evidence of the use of creative and reflective skills.High Standard: Very good performanceMost of the relevant information accurately deployed.Good grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practical elements.Good integration of theory/practice/information in pursuit of the assessed work'sobjectives.Evidence of the use of creative and reflective skills.
-excellent -A- to A* (70% +) An outstanding performance, exceptionally able. The relevant information accurately deployed. Excellent grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practice elements. Good integration of theory/practice/information in pursuit of the assessed work's objectives. Strong evidence of the use of creative and reflective skills.
- Analyse the international operations and strategies of a multinational organisation in order to assess their effectiveness in generating sustainable competitive advantage.
- Assess the suitability of operations management tools and techniques.
- Demonstrate awareness and understanding of the process of establishing a venture from idea generation to the completion of a business plan.
- Discuss and debate issues associated with inventory control, material requirements planning, and scheduling especially at the strategic level.
- Explain and understand the contributions that operations management makes to, and the impacts it has on, organisations.
- Explore the design processes associated with operations management, including service and product design, process design, location layout design and human resource design.
- Follow the process of developing a business plan, including business description and the market, development and production, sales and marketing, management and finance.
- Understand, conduct, evaluate and present market research to support an organisation's international business decision-making
Individual Applied Business Project on 4 topic areas selected by student