Rhedir gan Bangor Business School
20.000 Credyd neu 10.000 Credyd ECTS
Semester 1 a 2
Trefnydd: Prof Yener Altunbas
This module will introduce students to the main theories which are relevant to their chosen area of specialism (marketing, management, accounting, banking and finance) ensuring that students are up-to-date on the latest thinking and ideas in their chosen field. The module will provide strong links from theory to practice and ensure that students recognise both the academic and ‘real world’ context of research. Students will be provided with an understanding of the theories to which the field has been derived and an opportunity to evaluate and critique the application of these theories to their own research context.
Accounting students will base their learning on materials taught during ASB4418, Marketing students will base their learning on materials taught during ASB4440, Management students will base their learning on materials taught during ASB4426, Banking students will base their learning on materials taught during ASB4411 and Finance students will base their learning on materials taught during ASB4403.
Excellent standard (70%+): An outstanding performance, exceptionally able. The relevant information accurately deployed. Excellent grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practice elements. Good integration of theory/practice/information in pursuit of the assessed work's objectives. Strong evidence of the use of creative and reflective skills.
Satisfactory standard (50-59%): No major omissions or inaccuracies in the deployment of information/skills. Some grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practical elements. Integration of theory/practice/information present intermittently in pursuit of the assessed work’s objectives.
Average Standard (60-64%): Much of the relevant information and skills mostly accurately deployed. Adequate grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practical elements. Fair integration of theory/practice/information in the pursuit of the assessed work's objectives. Some evidence of the use of creative and reflective skills.
High Standard (65-69%): Very good performance Most of the relevant information accurately deployed. Good grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practical elements. Good integration of theory/practice/information in pursuit of the assessed work's objectives. Evidence of the use of creative and reflective skills.
Evaluate and critique the relevancy of theory for practice.
Analyse the development and intellectual underpinning of rival theories that seek to explain behaviour in the chosen field of inquiry.
Demonstrate a thorough understanding of and be able to critically evaluate theories and concepts and their application across cultures and/or settings.
Analyse and evaluate the structure of the key underpinning theories.
|Critical literature review||75.00|
|Research poster presentation||25.00|
Strategaeth addysgu a dysgu
This module aims to allow students to increase their knowledge and understanding of core theories that are applicable to their dissertation study. The modules undertaken are therefore drawn from the existing BBS module catalogue and the appropriate module will depend on students’ area of specialism (marketing, management, accounting, banking and finance). As a result, the teaching strategy may vary to include workshops or practicals in addition to lectures. This comprises class contact of three hours a week across ten weeks.
- Archwilio - Gallu ymchwilio ac ystyried dewisiadau eraill
- Adalw gwybodaeth - Gallu mynd at wahanol ac amrywiol ffynonellau gwybodaeth
- Dadansoddi Beirniadol & Datrys Problem - Gallu dadelfennu a dadansoddi problemau neu sefyllfaoedd cymhleth. Gallu canfod atebion i broblemau drwy ddadansoddiadau ac archwilio posibiliadau
- Cyflwyniad - Gallu cyflwyno gwybodaeth ac esboniadau yn glir i gynulleidfa. Trwy gyfryngau ysgrifenedig neu ar lafar yn glir a hyderus.
- Rheloaeth - Gallu defnyddio, cydlynu a rheoli adnoddau (dynol, ffisegol ac/neu ariannol)
- Dadl - Gallu cyflwyno, trafod a chyfiawnhau barn neu lwybr gweithredu, naill ai gydag unigolyn neu mewn grwˆp ehangach
Sgiliau pwnc penodol
- Problem solving and critical analysis: analysing facts and circumstances to determine the cause of a problem and identifying and selecting appropriate solutions.
- Research: the ability to analyse and evaluate a range of business data, sources of information and appropriate methodologies, which includes the need for strong digital literacy, and to use that research for evidence-based decision-making.
- Commercial acumen: based on an awareness of the key drivers for business success, causes of failure and the importance of providing customer satisfaction and building customer loyalty.
- Innovation, creativity and enterprise: the ability to act entrepreneurially to generate, develop and communicate ideas, manage and exploit intellectual property, gain support, and deliver successful outcomes.
- Articulating and effectively explaining information.
- Communication and listening including the ability to produce clear, structured business communications in a variety of media.
- Conceptual and critical thinking, analysis, synthesis and evaluation.
Cyrsiau sy’n cynnwys y modiwl hwn
Gorfodol mewn cyrsiau:
- N1BP: MSc Research Methodology year 1 (MSC/RM)