Private Bank Wealth Management
Private Banking & Wealth Management 2022-23
Bangor Business School
This module develops students’ critical awareness of the Private Banking & Wealth management business. It focuses on the changing regulatory environment following the recent turmoil in the global financial markets and how these changes are impacting on these business areas, giving successful students a clear understanding of the key value drivers in the industry
Threshold C- to C+ (50-59%): Satisfactory performance. No major omissions or inaccuracies in the deployment of information/skills. Some grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practical elements. Integration of theory/practice/information present intermittently in pursuit of the assessed work's objectives. Knowledge of key areas/principles only. Weaknesses in understanding of some areas. Limited evidence of background study. Answer inadequately focused on task and with some irrelevant material and poor structure. Arguments presented but lack coherence. Minor factual/computational errors. Lacking original interpretation.
Good B- to B+ (60-69%): Good performance. Most of the relevant information accurately deployed. Good grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practical elements. Good integration of theory/practice/information in pursuit of the assessed work's objectives. Evidence of the use of creative and reflective skills. Understands most but not all concepts/issues. Evidence of background study. Focused answer with good structure. Arguments presented coherently. Mostly free of factual errors. Some limited original interpretation. Well known links between topics are described. Problems addressed by existing methods/approaches. Good presentation with accurate communication
Excellent standard: 70+ An outstanding performance, exceptionally able. The relevant information is accurately deployed. Excellent grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practice elements. Good integration of theory/practice/information in pursuit of the assessed work's objectives. Strong evidence of the use of creative and reflective skills.
- Comprehend, evaluate, appreciate and assimilate the scope and constraints imposed by law and regulation on private banking and welath management functions.
- Critically analyse the importance of private banking and wealth management in a contemporary context
- Critically evaluate and appropriately apply alternative strategies and tools involved in banking and waealth management.
- Critically evaluate the subject specific roles, features and relationships within and between firms and their customers in a private banking and wealth mangement context.
- Develop a questioning and evaluative understanding of financial services' characteristics and where these services are appropriately and ethically employed. Demonstrate the ability to make informed judgements and decisions in the context of private banking and wealth management;
- Question, critically assess and apply apposite banking and finance theory applying to private banking and wealth management.