Rhedir gan School of Natural Sciences
20.000 Credyd neu 10.000 Credyd ECTS
Trefnydd: Dr Prysor Williams
The purpose of the module is to enable students to obtain professional experience in an organisation with suitable geographical and environmental focus to enable the student to apply course-related concepts and develop generic skills. Given the range of possible placement locations, no two student experience will be the same and the range of activities and format will invariably differ. However, the placement will link theory and practice of the academic components of the course of study and enable personal development through professional conduct and interaction.
The placement consists of a block placement of a minimum of 4 weeks in length, to be undertaken at any suitable juncture in the academic year. The placement organization is arranged by the student, with the approval of the University. The placement provides students with real-life professional experience which will enhance the understanding of the link between theory and practice in a range of geographical and environmental fields. The placement provides students with the opportunity to develop their future employment directions, and enhance their employability by employing self-direction, motivation and originality in a professional environment.
A demonstration of an understanding of academic components of the course of study as applied to professional situations. Undertake professional activities with competence, diligence and with full appreciation of health and safety issues. Produce and present a portfolio that adequately describes activities conducted during the placement.
A demonstration of an excellent understanding of academic components of the course of study as applied to professional situations. Evidence of an ability to lead and innovate in professional conduct, and to challenge theory in a practical context. Demonstrate an ability to develop and communicate an informed perspective on a range of environmental issues. Display excellent professional conduct and an ability to network and communicate with environmental practitioners.
Well-developed understanding of the scope and operation of their placement organisation.
Self-direction, motivation and originality in professional activity.
To critically evaluate operations within the placement organization with which they are familiar.
To critically evaluate the individual contribution to the placement organization’s activities.
The application of key and transferable skills.
To communicate experience gained in a professional environment, both orally and in written form.
To participate in a formal interview for an occupation in a professional manner
To submit a professional application for an advertised occupation
|CYFLWYNIAD UNIGOL||Individual presentation||20.00|
|LLYFR LOG NEU BORTFFOLIO||Placement Portfolio||45.00|
|LLAFAR||Mock job interview||35.00|
Strategaeth addysgu a dysgu
Professional placement and portfolio preparation
2*1 hour Preparatory lectures
1*3 hour presentation session
- Llythrennedd - Medrusrwydd mewn darllen ac ysgrifennu drwy amrywiaeth o gyfryngau
- Rhifedd - Medrusrwydd wrth ddefnyddio rhifau ar lefelau priodol o gywirdeb
- Defnyddio cyfrifiaduron - Medrusrwydd wrth ddefnyddio ystod o feddalwedd cyfrifiadurol
- Hunanreolaeth - Gallu gweithio mewn ffordd effeithlon, prydlon a threfnus. Gallu edrych ar ganlyniadau tasgau a digwyddiadau, a barnu lefelau o ansawdd a phwysigrwydd
- Sgiliau Rhyngbersonol - Gallu gofyn cwestiynau, gwrando'n astud ar atebion a'u harchwilio
- Ymwybyddiaeth o ddiogelwch - Bod yn ymwybodol o'ch amgylchedd a hyder o ran cadw at reoliadau iechyd a diogelwch
- Cyflwyniad - Gallu cyflwyno gwybodaeth ac esboniadau yn glir i gynulleidfa. Trwy gyfryngau ysgrifenedig neu ar lafar yn glir a hyderus.
- Gwaith Tîm - Gallu cydweithio'n adeiladol ag eraill ar dasg gyffredin, ac/neu fod yn rhan o dîm gweithio o ddydd i ddydd
- Rheloaeth - Gallu defnyddio, cydlynu a rheoli adnoddau (dynol, ffisegol ac/neu ariannol)
- Hunanymwybyddiaeth & Ystyried - Bod yn ymwybodol o'ch cryfderau, gwendidau, nodau ac amcanion eich hun. Gallu adolygu ,cloriannu a myfyrio'n rheolaidd ar eich perfformiad eich hun ac eraill.
Sgiliau pwnc penodol
- Apply subject knowledge to the understanding and addressing of problems.
- Understand the provisional nature of information and appreciate competing and alternative explanations.
- Demonstrate awareness of the importance of risk assessment and relevant legislation
Rhestrau Darllen Bangor (Talis)http://readinglists.bangor.ac.uk/modules/dxx-4102.html
Cyrsiau sy’n cynnwys y modiwl hwn
Gorfodol mewn cyrsiau:
- F850: Master of Environmental Science year 4 (M/ENVSCI)
- F801: MGeog Geography year 4 (MGEOG/G)
- F805: MGeog Geography with International Experience year 5 (MGEOG/GIE)