Organic Elec and Nanotech
Organic Electronics and Nanotechnology 2023-24
School Of Computer Science And Electronic Engineering
Module - Semester 1
This module will introduce the graduate student to high speed data communication technology, with a focus on the fundamental physics, simulation tools and nanofabrication techniques.
• Review of Microelectronics fundamentals • Nanotechnology • Define NMT and stress its important. Trends in microelectronics • Technical descriptions of the STM and SFM, accompanied by hands-on sessions in the Surface Analysis Laboratory • Application areas. Optics, Chemistry, Sensors, Biotech, Biochem •Practical problems of NMT and MNT •Clean room device fabrication and characterisation
-threshold -Equivalent to 50%.Uses key areas of theory or knowledge to meet the Learning Outcomes of the module. Is able to formulate an appropriate solution to accurately solve tasks and questions. Can identify individual aspects, but lacks an awareness of links between them and the wider contexts. Outputs can be understood, but lack structure and/or coherence.
-good -Equivalent to the range 60%-69%.Is able to analyse a task or problem to decide which aspects of theory and knowledge to apply. Solutions are of a workable quality, demonstrating understanding of underlying principles. Major themes can be linked appropriately but may not be able to extend this to individual aspects. Outputs are readily understood, with an appropriate structure but may lack sophistication.
-excellent -Equivalent to the range 70%+.Assemble critically evaluated, relevant areas of knowledge and theory to constuct professional-level solutions to tasks and questions presented. Is able to cross-link themes and aspects to draw considered conclusions. Presents outputs in a cohesive, accurate, and efficient manner.
- Evaluate the practical problems of NMT and MNT and their impacts on manufacturing process.
- Evaluate the state-of-the-art in organic electronics
- Explain the background, development and application of NMT and their evolution from current high-tech businesses.
- Illustrate the technical and operating principles of several clean room equipment.
Group projects with individual reports and oral examination on clean room based experiments.
Report 2000 word on organic electronics and nanotechnology
Advanced Manufacturing Techniques