Rhedir gan School of Computer Science and Electronic Engineering
20.000 Credyd neu 10.000 Credyd ECTS
Trefnydd: Dr David Edward Perkins
The module aims to develop concepts in embedded systems, their use and implementation. It provides the overview and usage of the tools necessary to deploy such system in a real context.
Indicative content includes:
- Basic principles of embedded systems.
- Specifying systems, hardware/software partitioning, target hardware platforms.
- Microprocessors, microcontrollers, Systems-on-Silicon.
- Realtime Operating Systems.
- Interrupts, Polling, Watchdog timers.
- System modelling, UML
- Debugging, emulation and testing.
Equivalent to the range 60%-69%. Is able to analyse a task or problem to decide which aspects of theory and knowledge to apply. Solutions are of a workable quality, demonstrating understanding of underlying principles. Major themes can be linked appropriately but may not be able to extend this to individual aspects. Outputs are readily understood, with an appropriate structure but may lack sophistication.
Equivalent to 50%. Uses key areas of theory or knowledge to meet the Learning Outcomes of the module. Is able to formulate an appropriate solution to accurately solve tasks and questions. Can identify individual aspects, but lacks an awareness of links between them and the wider contexts. Outputs can be understood, but lack structure and/or coherence.
Equivalent to the range 70%+. Assemble critically evaluated, relevent areas of knowledge and theory to constuct professional-level solutions to tasks and questions presented. Is able to cross-link themes and aspects to draw considered conclusions. Presents outputs in a cohesive, accurate, and efficient manner.
Apply the principles of embedded system design to a specification.
Select and apply appropriate system modelling methods to the design of embedded systems.
Justify choices of hardware and software environment used to design and create embedded systems.
Unseen end-of-semester exam.
|Investigations Portfolio - Exercise 1||20.00|
|Investigations Portfolio - Exercise 2||20.00|
|Investigations Portfolio - Exercise 3||20.00|
Strategaeth addysgu a dysgu
1 hour lectures run from weeks 1-12.
Worked problem sets and examples (2 hr x 12 weeks).
Tutor-directed private study, including individual assessments.
- Rhifedd - Medrusrwydd wrth ddefnyddio rhifau ar lefelau priodol o gywirdeb
- Defnyddio cyfrifiaduron - Medrusrwydd wrth ddefnyddio ystod o feddalwedd cyfrifiadurol
- Hunanreolaeth - Gallu gweithio mewn ffordd effeithlon, prydlon a threfnus. Gallu edrych ar ganlyniadau tasgau a digwyddiadau, a barnu lefelau o ansawdd a phwysigrwydd
- Archwilio - Gallu ymchwilio ac ystyried dewisiadau eraill
- Dadansoddi Beirniadol & Datrys Problem - Gallu dadelfennu a dadansoddi problemau neu sefyllfaoedd cymhleth. Gallu canfod atebion i broblemau drwy ddadansoddiadau ac archwilio posibiliadau
Sgiliau pwnc penodol
- Apply an understanding and appreciation of continuous improvement techniques
- Apply underpinning concepts and ideas of engineering;
- Assess and choose optimal methods and approaches for the specification, design, implementation and evaluation of engineering solutions, especially ones that include embedded microprocessors
- Solve problems logically and systematically;
- Assess and choose optimal methods and approaches for the specification, design, implementation and evaluation of engineering solutions.
Cyrsiau sy’n cynnwys y modiwl hwn
Opsiynol mewn cyrsiau:
- G4AS: MSc Advanced Computer Science year 1 (MSC/ACS)