Computer & Network Security
Computer & Network Security 2023-24
Ysgol Cyfrifiadureg a Pheirianneg Electronig
Modiwl - Semester 1
Indicative content includes:
- Types of actors within the security field.
- The '3As' of security.
- Types and methods of attack and defence.
- Network segmentation and firewalling
- The Layered Protection Model
- Encryption, and the guarantees it can provide.
- Data Protection and Social Engineering.
-threshold -Equivalent to 50%.Uses key areas of theory or knowledge to meet the Learning Outcomes of the module. Is able to formulate an appropriate solution to accurately solve tasks and questions. Can identify individual aspects, but lacks an awareness of links between them and the wider contexts. Outputs can be understood, but lack structure and/or coherence.
-good -Equivalent to the range 60%-69%.Is able to analyse a task or problem to decide which aspects of theory and knowledge to apply. Solutions are of a workable quality, demonstrating understanding of underlying principles. Major themes can be linked appropriately but may not be able to extend this to individual aspects. Outputs are readily understood, with an appropriate structure but may lack sophistication.
-excellent -Equivalent to the range 70%+.Assemble critically evaluated, relevant areas of knowledge and theory to constuct professional-level solutions to tasks and questions presented. Is able to cross-link themes and aspects to draw considered conclusions. Presents outputs in a cohesive, accurate, and efficient manner.
- Apply relevant security theory to design a system for security.
- Apply the key principles behind encryption to enhance security of computerised systems.
- Examine common vulnerabilities in computers, networks and systems.
- Identify common threat vectors and the layered responses to them.
Exam (Centrally Scheduled)
Red/Blue Team Exercise