AI & Game Design
AI & Game Design 2022-23
School Of Computer Science And Electronic Engineering
Module - Semester 2
Llyr Ap Cenydd
Indicative content includes:
- Introduction to Artificial Intelligence (AI) technologies and how they can be used to construct computer games.
- Introduction to the core topic of the application of AI algorithms and approaches in modern computer games.
- Introduction to the appropriate game enabling technologies for designing movement, animation and behaviour for games.
- Introduce how search algorithms can be applied within a game context.
- Introduce Artificial Life concepts and their application in games.
- Provide practical experience of developing AI agents and techniques in a game engine.
-threshold -Equivalent to 50%.Uses key areas of theory or knowledge to meet the Learning Outcomes of the module. Is able to formulate an appropriate solution to accurately solve tasks and questions. Can identify individual aspects, but lacks an awareness of links between them and the wider contexts. Outputs can be understood, but lack structure and/or coherence. -good -Equivalent to the range 60%-69%.Is able to analyse a task or problem to decide which aspects of theory and knowledge to apply. Solutions are of a workable quality, demonstrating understanding of underlying principles. Major themes can be linked appropriately but may not be able to extend this to individual aspects. Outputs are readily understood, with an appropriate structure but may lack sophistication. -excellent -Equivalent to the range 70%+.Assemble critically evaluated, relevent areas of knowledge and theory to constuct professional-level solutions to tasks and questions presented. Is able to cross-link themes and aspects to draw considered conclusions. Presents outputs in a cohesive, accurate, and efficient manner.
- Analyse various search and navigation strategies and apply them in developing computer games.
- Compare and contrast the concepts of artificial life, intelligent agents and behaviour-based AI, and how they can be applied when designing video games.
- Discuss the state of the art and future of AI in games.
- Explore concerns over professional, moral and ethical issues over exploiting AI in games.
- Implement AI algorithms and build games using a game engine.
- Relate various AI technologies and how they can be applied to construct computer games.
Blog documenting development of game.
End of semester examination.
Game AI Implementation + Source Code.