Physical Activity and Health
Rhedir gan School of Human and Behavioural Sciences
10.000 Credyd neu 5.000 Credyd ECTS
Trefnydd: Dr Aamer Sandoo
If there was one pill that could prevent a variety of chronic diseases, improve your mood, reduce depression, enhance sleep quality, increase self-esteem, help you develop an athletic physique, and improve cognition, you would surely take it right? Well this pill is now available and its FREE! It's called Physical Activity On this module, the tutors will teach you the importance of using physical activity to benefit health and well-being. The module will be really useful to those who wish to have a career in exercise rehabilitation, physiotherapy and lifestyle risk management. The module will consist of seminars and self-study. Students will learn about impact of physical activity on obesity, coronary heart disease, aging, depression and anxiety and psychological aspects of behaviour change. YouTube Intro to Module: https://youtu.be/RtZjAtoa75k
D- To D+ (40-49%) Student will demonstrate a basic understanding of the major principals behind physical activity, health promotion and adherence to exercise. Their answers will contain some errors or omissions and some reference to relevant literature (see addional criteria below).
C- To C+ (50-59%) Student will demonstrate some understanding of the major principals behind physical activity, health promotion and adherence to exercise. They will demonstrate adequate reference to relevant literature (see additional criteria below).
A- To A+ (70-100%) Student will demonstrate an excellent in-depth understanding of the major principals behind physical activity, health promotion and adherence to exercise. They will demonstrate evidence of wide research and reading of the relevant literature (see additional criteria below).
On successful completion of this module students will be able to: 1) Understand the relationships between regular physical activity and physical and mental health outcomes. 2) Understand key principles behind physical activity, health promotion and adherence to exercise.
|MCQ 1 exam||50.00|
|MCQ 2 exam||50.00|
Strategaeth addysgu a dysgu
Class-based seminars with group discussion, interactive questions to test understanding of lecture content, and application of knowledge to real-life setting. Directed reading will also be given to help you in your private study time.
The best strategy is to go over the lecture content, contact the lecturer and book a tutorial for any information that is unclear or if you want to have a stimulating discussion about the topic! Try to search for relevant articles on PUBMED and watch Dr Aamer Sandoo's YouTube revision videos to consolidate your knowledge.
- Archwilio - Gallu ymchwilio ac ystyried dewisiadau eraill
- Adalw gwybodaeth - Gallu mynd at wahanol ac amrywiol ffynonellau gwybodaeth
- Dadansoddi Beirniadol & Datrys Problem - Gallu dadelfennu a dadansoddi problemau neu sefyllfaoedd cymhleth. Gallu canfod atebion i broblemau drwy ddadansoddiadau ac archwilio posibiliadau
- Gwaith Tîm - Gallu cydweithio'n adeiladol ag eraill ar dasg gyffredin, ac/neu fod yn rhan o dîm gweithio o ddydd i ddydd
Sgiliau pwnc penodol
- critically assess and evaluate data and evidence in the context of research methodologies and data sources
- describe, synthesise, interpret, analyse and evaluate information and data relevant to a professional or vocational context
- develop a sustained reasoned argument, perhaps challenging previously held assumptions
- work effectively independently and with others
Goblygiadau o ran adnoddau ar gyfer myfyrwyr
Please note: it is NOT essential that you purchase these books as they are available in the normal site library. There are a limited number, so if you are having problems accessing them, please let us know. Additionally, any core reading from these books will be posted on blackboard under resources. In addition, for his component of the module, Aamer will create specialized revision videos on his YouTube Revision channel (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxfslQe8hBQ3fSrC31HcZDw) and post useful additional information and resources on his Twitter feed (https://twitter.com/DrAamerSandoo).
Blackboard Site – reading lists and links to useful papers will be posted on Blackboard, along with lecture handouts. Key papers will also be posted here.
Other resources: • Dishman, R.K et al (2004) Physical Activity Epidemiology, Human Kinetics
• Hardman, AE. and Stensel D (2009) Physical activity and Health: The evidence explained, Routledge
• Biddle, S.J.H., Mutrie, N. and Gorely, T. (2015). Psychology of physical activity: Determinants, well-being and interventions (3rd edition). London: Routledge
These books are located in the normal site library.
Cyrsiau sy’n cynnwys y modiwl hwn
Gorfodol mewn cyrsiau:
- CB69: BSC Sport, Health & Exercise Sci. year 1 (BSC/SHES)
- C651: BSC Sport- Health & Physical Educ year 1 (BSC/SHPE)
- C600: BSC Sports Science year 1 (BSC/SPS)
- C60F: BSc Sports Science year 1 (BSC/SPSF)
- C604: BSc Sports Science (with International Experience) year 1 (BSC/SSIE)
- C608: MSci Sport, Health and Exercise Sciences year 1 (MSCI/SHS)
- C607: MSci Sport Science year 1 (MSCI/SS)