3 Language Project (3 major)
Rhedir gan School of Arts, Culture and Language
20.000 Credydau neu 10.000 Credyd ECTS
Trefnydd: Dr Silvia Bergamini
The aim of this module is to provide students with the opportunity to undertake an extended piece of work during their semester in Italy. The project enables students to develop in-depth knowledge of a specific element of Italian life, literature or culture while also enhancing their written and spoken level of Italian language. The chosen subject area should be something that is not already a specific component of the syllabus, thereby encouraging students to develop independent study and research skills.
Provided it meets with the approval of the relevant members of staff in Modern Languages, the chosen subject or translation passage may concern any aspect of Italian life, literature, history or culture. The chosen subject area / translation passage should not be something that is already a specific component of the syllabus. Texts chosen for translation should not already exist in English/Welsh translation. The essay/presentation will be in the target language.
C- - B+: Solid comprehension of the chosen topic; adequate display of independent research skills and good knowledge of vocabulary and grammar.
D- - D+: Satisfactory comprehension of the chosen topic; limited display of independent research skills and limited knowledge of vocabulary and grammar.
A- - A*: Detailed comprehension of the chosen topic; extensive display of independent research skills and excellent knowledge of vocabulary and grammar.
Display familiarity with EITHER citation and referencing techniques (including compiling a bibliography) OR advanced translation techniques.
Display competency in Italian language and grammar.
Display the ability to conduct EITHER research OR extended translation work independently.
Demonstrate the ability to EITHER gather information and condense it in a clear and coherent argument in the target language, orally or in writing, OR make informed decisions on translation choices, considering the socio-political and historical context of the source text.
Display some evidence of original analytical thinking.
Strategaeth addysgu a dysgu
Lecture (2 hour, introduction to project)
Includes supervisory meetings.
- Literacy - Proficiency in reading and writing through a variety of media
- Computer Literacy - Proficiency in using a varied range of computer software
- Self-Management - Able to work unsupervised in an efficient, punctual and structured manner. To examine the outcomes of tasks and events, and judge levels of quality and importance
- Exploring - Able to investigate, research and consider alternatives
- Information retrieval - Able to access different and multiple sources of information
- Inter-personal - Able to question, actively listen, examine given answers and interact sentistevely with others
Rhagofynion a Chydofynion
Cyrsiau sy’n cynnwys y modiwl hwn
Gorfodol mewn cyrsiau:
- R916: BA French, German & Italian year 2 (BA/FGI4#)
- R920: French, German and Italian with International Experience year 2 (BA/FGI4IE)
- R917: BA French, Italian & Spanish year 2 (BA/FIS4#)
- R925: BA German, Italian & Spanish year 2 (BA/GIS4#)