Clinical Teaching Evaluation
Rhedir gan School of Medical and Health Sciences
20.000 Credyd neu 10.000 Credyd ECTS
Trefnydd: Mr Merf Williams
- The module develops a critical understanding of several key concepts of assessment
There will be a range of topics covered in the module, drawing on the different settings and roles of the participants. Topics will include:
- Principles of assessment (purpose, reliability, validity, feasibility, educational impact, standard setting).
- Assessment of clinical performance (workplace assessment, types of assessment, comparison of methods, examiner training).
- Choosing assessments (alignment, combining assessments, impact on student learning).
- Designing assessments (multiple choice questions, clinical exams, blueprinting, setting criteria).
- Evaluating assessments (item-analysis, institutional factors).
Students will demonstrate a basic level of knowledge, understanding, and skills required for meeting the learning outcomes. Students will demonstrate a general level of understanding of the practical and theoretical perspectives and are able to make some references to relevant literature. For the critical analysis, students will have attained a basic knowledge of material contained in set texts or reading materials with the links between theory and own practice fairly clear in parts. Students will have satisfactorily completed essential assessment exercises. Written work will be acceptable but with a number of errors evident.
Students will demonstrate a sound level of knowledge, understanding and skills required for meeting the learning outcomes. Students will demonstrate familiarity with and the ability to apply a range of approaches, methods and conceptual tools. Self-reflection and practice improvement will be based on reasonable theoretical rationale. There will be evidence of attaining a sound knowledge of material contained in set texts or reading materials and undertaking wider reading. All completed assessment exercises will be at a proficient level. Written work will be of good quality, with some minor errors and largely based on the module materials.
(70% and over):
Students will demonstrate a high level of knowledge, understanding and skills for meeting the learning outcomes. Students will demonstrate a high level of analysis of own experience in relation to the theories and applications of the theories. There will be evidence of attaining an advanced knowledge of material beyond that contained in set texts and has done considerable wider reading. All completed assessment exercises will be at a high standard. Written work will be clear and concise with few errors.
Higher A marks require evidence of wider reading and critical thinking.
Demonstrate a critical understanding of the reasoning behind the requirement of clinical performance assessments and appraisal for fitness to practice.
Demonstrate ability to plan a teaching session
Evaluate the relevance, validity and reliability of assessment methodologies
|CYFRANOGIAD DOSBARTH||Group and Cohort Discussion||
Students participate in a group discussion and report back to the wider group. Any students unable to attend will need to write a 500 word report debating the contents of the PPP for the lecture.
|CYNLLUN YSGRIFENEDIG||Session Plan and Power Point||
Students create a session plan A power point on a topic of choice relating to their medical teaching and any other supporting documents including learning outcomes. Create an assessment relating to the power point, provide a rubric and a model answer for the assessment There is no requirement to present the power point
|TRAETHAWD||Evaluation and Critique Essay||
Students write an essay evaluating the assessment methods in medical education. They will engage with relevant literature to support their arguments. Referencing system used may be Harvard or Vancover with a correct bibliography Provide a short introduction to the essay to set the scene and tell the reader what you are going to do. Suggested method for the body of work is to take each assessment method and critique the pros and cons. Use the conclusion section to summarise. Use sub headings
Strategaeth addysgu a dysgu
|Practical classes and workshops||
Lectures, Seminars, Tutorials, Workshops 5 x 3 hrs
- Llythrennedd - Medrusrwydd mewn darllen ac ysgrifennu drwy amrywiaeth o gyfryngau
- Rhifedd - Medrusrwydd wrth ddefnyddio rhifau ar lefelau priodol o gywirdeb
- Hunanreolaeth - Gallu gweithio mewn ffordd effeithlon, prydlon a threfnus. Gallu edrych ar ganlyniadau tasgau a digwyddiadau, a barnu lefelau o ansawdd a phwysigrwydd
- Archwilio - Gallu ymchwilio ac ystyried dewisiadau eraill
- Adalw gwybodaeth - Gallu mynd at wahanol ac amrywiol ffynonellau gwybodaeth
- Sgiliau Rhyngbersonol - Gallu gofyn cwestiynau, gwrando'n astud ar atebion a'u harchwilio
- Dadansoddi Beirniadol & Datrys Problem - Gallu dadelfennu a dadansoddi problemau neu sefyllfaoedd cymhleth. Gallu canfod atebion i broblemau drwy ddadansoddiadau ac archwilio posibiliadau
- Cyflwyniad - Gallu cyflwyno gwybodaeth ac esboniadau yn glir i gynulleidfa. Trwy gyfryngau ysgrifenedig neu ar lafar yn glir a hyderus.
- Gwaith Tîm - Gallu cydweithio'n adeiladol ag eraill ar dasg gyffredin, ac/neu fod yn rhan o dîm gweithio o ddydd i ddydd
- Mentora - Gallu cefnogi, helpu, arwain, ysbrydoli ac/neu hyfforddi eraill
- Dadl - Gallu cyflwyno, trafod a chyfiawnhau barn neu lwybr gweithredu, naill ai gydag unigolyn neu mewn grwˆp ehangach
- Hunanymwybyddiaeth & Ystyried - Bod yn ymwybodol o'ch cryfderau, gwendidau, nodau ac amcanion eich hun. Gallu adolygu ,cloriannu a myfyrio'n rheolaidd ar eich perfformiad eich hun ac eraill.