Rhedir gan School of Human and Behavioural Sciences
20.000 Credydau neu 10.000 Credyd ECTS
Trefnydd: Dr David Carey
Aims The module will introduce students to the principles of neuropsychological assessment, provide an understanding of the pathophysiology of common diseases causing neuropsychological disability, and a foundation in functional neuroanatomy and neurological localisation relevant to the practice of clinical neuropsychology. It will also introduce students to neuropsychological disorders frequently encountered in clinical practice such as amnesia, aphasia, neglect, visuospatial impairment, agnosia, alexia, apraxia, and dysexecutive disorders.
Introduction to the Course DC Neuroanatomy and neuroscience review DC Neuropathology DC and RC Neuropsychological Assessment DC, OT and RC Parietal lobes DC Frontal lobes OT Memory OT Language DC Neurorehabilitation RC
DC – Dr. David Carey RC – Dr. Rudi Coetzer OT – Prof. Oliver Turnbull
Comprehensive and accurate coverage of the area clarity of argument and expression. Evidence provided from lecture material as well as reading. Depth of insight into disgnosis, assessment and classification.
Reasonably comprehensive coverage. Well organised and structured. Good understanding of the material with few errors but less evidence of clear understanding.
Adequate answer to the question, largely based on lecture material. No real development of arguments, evidence of insight, or extra reading.
Demonstrate the ability to integrate information from the neurological history and examination to generate hypotheses guiding neuropsychological assessment.
Demonstrate an understanding of the pathophysiology of common neurological diseases (including stroke and traumatic brain injury) causing neuropsychological disability, and the ability to integrate this knowledge for generating hypotheses guiding neuropsychological assessment.
Describe the purpose of neuropsychological assessment, and review potential pitfalls in interpreting assessment data.
Demonstrate a working knowledge of functional neuroanatomy relevant to neuropsychological disorders.
|ARHOLIAD||Mid Term Exam||
Online open book multiple choice exam with 50 questions.
Online open book exam: analyse two case reports and answer 4 of 5 possible short answer questions
Strategaeth addysgu a dysgu
We used a mixed methods approach which includes powerpoint slides, in class quizzes and videos of patients and neuropsychological assessment techniques.
Supplemental sessions covering basics of biopsychology, neuropsychological assessment and analysis of neuropsychological cases
|Practical classes and workshops||
Small group neuroanatomy session with human brains and brain prosections
Course readings, review of lecture notes, review of lecture recordings; textbook and online study of brain anatomy; previous exam attempts and review; revision
- Llythrennedd - Medrusrwydd mewn darllen ac ysgrifennu drwy amrywiaeth o gyfryngau
- Rhifedd - Medrusrwydd wrth ddefnyddio rhifau ar lefelau priodol o gywirdeb
- Archwilio - Gallu ymchwilio ac ystyried dewisiadau eraill
- Adalw gwybodaeth - Gallu mynd at wahanol ac amrywiol ffynonellau gwybodaeth
- Sgiliau Rhyngbersonol - Gallu gofyn cwestiynau, gwrando'n astud ar atebion a'u harchwilio
- Dadansoddi Beirniadol & Datrys Problem - Gallu dadelfennu a dadansoddi problemau neu sefyllfaoedd cymhleth. Gallu canfod atebion i broblemau drwy ddadansoddiadau ac archwilio posibiliadau
- Dadl - Gallu cyflwyno, trafod a chyfiawnhau barn neu lwybr gweithredu, naill ai gydag unigolyn neu mewn grwˆp ehangach
Sgiliau pwnc penodol
- Apply multiple perspectives to psychological issues and integrate ideas and findings across the multiple perspectives in psychology.
- Communicate psychological concepts effectively in written form.
- Retrieve and organise information effectively.
- Handle primary source material critically.
- Use effectively personal planning and project management skills.
- Reason scientifically and demonstrate the relationship between theory and evidence.
- Understand and investigate the role of brain function in all human behaviour and experience.
- Comprehend and use psychological data effectively, demonstrating a systematic knowledge of the application and limitations of various research paradigms and techniques.
- Use a range of statistical methods with confidence.
- Employ evidence-based reasoning and examine practical, theoretical and ethical issues associated with the use of different methodologies, paradigms and methods of analysis in psychology.
Rhestrau Darllen Bangor (Talis)http://readinglists.bangor.ac.uk/modules/ppp-4010.html
Cyrsiau sy’n cynnwys y modiwl hwn
Gorfodol mewn cyrsiau:
- 6S26: BSc Neuropsychology year 3 (BSC/NI)
- C8EG: MSc Principles of Clinical Neuropsychology year 1 (MSC/PCNP)
Opsiynol mewn cyrsiau:
- C8BZ: MRes Psychology year 1 (MRES/PSYCH)
- C8EF: MSc Clinical and Health Psychology year 1 (MSC/CHPSY)
- C8ER: MSc Clin & Health Psychology (with Incorporated Pre-Masters) year 1 (MSC/CHPSY1)
- C8DX: MSc Counselling year 2 (MSC/CNSL)
- C8CU: MSc Neuroimaging year 1 (MSC/N)
- C8DU: MSc Psychology year 1 (MSC/PSY)
- C8EX: MSc Psychology (with Incorporated Pre-Masters) year 1 (MSC/PSY1)
- C8AL: MSc Psychological Research year 1 (MSC/PSYRES)
- C808: MSci Psychology with Clinical & Health Psychology year 4 (MSCI/PHS)
- C807: MSci Psychology year 4 (MSCI/PS)