Creative Writing Advance Portfolio Semester 1
Rhedir gan School of Languages, Literatures, Linguistics and Media
30.000 Credyd neu 15.000 Credyd ECTS
Trefnydd: Prof Zoë Skoulding
- To offer students a critically supportive context in which to produce a sustained creative work in a chosen form.
- To enable students to recognise and solve problems in the writing process with reference to wider critical reading.
- To explore in detail the relationship between a literary work and its social and cultural contexts.
- To enable development of a reflective approach to writing and redrafting that will support future independent and self-critical practice.
This module is an opportunity for students to develop a piece of creative work along with a reflective commentary under the guidance of a supervisor. Drawing on ideas and techniques learned in modules on specific literary forms, which may be studied before or alongside this one, participants will be guided through the process of planning, drafting and redrafting a portfolio of work in fiction, drama or poetry. Discussions with a supervisor will encourage a reflective and critical approach to the creative process, informing a commentary on the decisions made during writing. It provides an opportunity to develop an independent writing practice in preparation for the Creative Writing MA Dissertation.
(D-)Limited engagement with ideas. Link between themes and form not always clear. Little sense of generic conventions. Inconsistent with regard to linguistic technicalities. Limited awareness of redrafting and editing process. Work in need of revision.
Good: (C) Some attempt at serious exploration of ideas. Some link between themes and form. Good attempt to engage with genre, but form/narrative may not be entirely sustained. Use of language generally technically proficient, but not always focused. Some awareness of the creative process and of decisions made in writing. Good work, but its strengths need to be more fully sustained to reach publishable standard.
Very Good: (B)
Demonstration of a degree of vitality and originality. Very good understanding of generic conventions; sound use of structures and forms. Resourceful use of language. Sound understanding of the creative process and thoughtful control of decisions made in the writing process. Lively, thoughtful work which at times comes close to publishable standard.
(A) : Excellent levels of originality, vision and depth; striking and thorough engagement with ideas. Excellent understanding and control of generic convention. Impressive linguistic control and/or innovation. Sophisticated understanding of the creative process and assured control of decisions made in the writing process. Dynamic work approaching publishable standard.
Ability to plan, develop and complete a sustained work of high literary quality in a chosen form.
Confidence in recognising and solving problems in the writing process with reference to wider critical reading.
Sophisticated understanding of the relationship between a literary work and its social and cultural contexts, combined with the ability to apply this to own work.
Development of a reflective approach to writing and redrafting that will support future independent and self-critical practice.
High-level skills in creative and critical writing.
|Advanced Writing Portfolio||100.00|
Strategaeth addysgu a dysgu
8 x1 hour individual supervision meetings.
- Llythrennedd - Medrusrwydd mewn darllen ac ysgrifennu drwy amrywiaeth o gyfryngau
- Defnyddio cyfrifiaduron - Medrusrwydd wrth ddefnyddio ystod o feddalwedd cyfrifiadurol
- Hunanreolaeth - Gallu gweithio mewn ffordd effeithlon, prydlon a threfnus. Gallu edrych ar ganlyniadau tasgau a digwyddiadau, a barnu lefelau o ansawdd a phwysigrwydd
- Archwilio - Gallu ymchwilio ac ystyried dewisiadau eraill
- Adalw gwybodaeth - Gallu mynd at wahanol ac amrywiol ffynonellau gwybodaeth
- Sgiliau Rhyngbersonol - Gallu gofyn cwestiynau, gwrando'n astud ar atebion a'u harchwilio
- Dadansoddi Beirniadol & Datrys Problem - Gallu dadelfennu a dadansoddi problemau neu sefyllfaoedd cymhleth. Gallu canfod atebion i broblemau drwy ddadansoddiadau ac archwilio posibiliadau
- Cyflwyniad - Gallu cyflwyno gwybodaeth ac esboniadau yn glir i gynulleidfa. Trwy gyfryngau ysgrifenedig neu ar lafar yn glir a hyderus.
- Rheloaeth - Gallu defnyddio, cydlynu a rheoli adnoddau (dynol, ffisegol ac/neu ariannol)
- Dadl - Gallu cyflwyno, trafod a chyfiawnhau barn neu lwybr gweithredu, naill ai gydag unigolyn neu mewn grwˆp ehangach
- Hunanymwybyddiaeth & Ystyried - Bod yn ymwybodol o'ch cryfderau, gwendidau, nodau ac amcanion eich hun. Gallu adolygu ,cloriannu a myfyrio'n rheolaidd ar eich perfformiad eich hun ac eraill.