Rhedir gan School of Arts, Culture and Language
60.000 Credyd neu 30.000 Credyd ECTS
Trefnydd: Dr Gregory Frame
1) To produce an extended piece of work; (2) To work independently on an extended project in drama, creative writing, media practice and film and media studies; (3) To develop understanding of the cycles of planning, reflection, revision and completion; (4) To encourage students to present complex material in a clear and precise manner.
The dissertation provides students with the opportunity to work with a specialist supervisor in the production of an extended piece of writing or practice. The work will, of necessity, go through a number of stages, and the supervisor will support the student in the effective revision of their work. The student will receive individual guidance. As well as developing high levels skills in rsearch and presentation, students will also develop important skills of self management.
C/50%: To achieve this level a student will have completed all the Learning Outcomes to a level of competence. Written and/or practical work will be of a basic professional standard displaying qualities of motivation, and the ability to pursue ideas through to a conclusion, accompanied by evidence of critical reflection. It should be clear also that the student has developed the range of intellectual, practical and transferable skills implicit in the aims of the course.
B/60%: To achieve this grade a student will have exercised competence in most, if not all Learning Outcomes, and will have demonstrated excellence in at least one. Written and/or practical work should be distinctive, approaching publishable or, in the case of practical work, equivalent quality and supported by related further study. There should be ample evidence of independent thought, good levels of motivation and the acquisition of a wide range of subject-specific and transferable skills. There should be a clear indication of the potential to pursue studies to a higher research level.
A/70%: Excellent: To achieve this grade a student will have demonstrated a high level of achievement throughout and excellence in a substantial proportion of the Learning Outcomes. The written and/or practical work will be distinctive and professional. There will be ample evidence of related research, a thorough exploration of ideas, working processes and the inventive use of appropriate genres and forms. It should be readily apparent that the student has the ability to pursue higher levels of study and the potential to operate successfully in a professional context.
The ability to communicate persuasively and unambiguously in writing or equivalent media.
Read drama, creative writing, media practice and film and media texts critically, with a view to their content, form, and context, and to employ evidence thus acquired in support and development of an argument.
An understanding of the concepts and techniques currently being applied in the chosen field.
The ability to select a methodology or methodologies appropriate to the chosen subject:
The ability to frame hypotheses and to evaluate them against counter-arguments and counter-evidence.
The ability to structure a complex argument in essay or equivalent form, incorporating a range of primary and secondary evidence.
The ability to document evidence using an appropriate system of referencing.
Strategaeth addysgu a dysgu
15 hours of Supervisory Tutorials
- Llythrennedd - Medrusrwydd mewn darllen ac ysgrifennu drwy amrywiaeth o gyfryngau
- Hunanreolaeth - Gallu gweithio mewn ffordd effeithlon, prydlon a threfnus. Gallu edrych ar ganlyniadau tasgau a digwyddiadau, a barnu lefelau o ansawdd a phwysigrwydd
- Archwilio - Gallu ymchwilio ac ystyried dewisiadau eraill
- Adalw gwybodaeth - Gallu mynd at wahanol ac amrywiol ffynonellau gwybodaeth
- Dadansoddi Beirniadol & Datrys Problem - Gallu dadelfennu a dadansoddi problemau neu sefyllfaoedd cymhleth. Gallu canfod atebion i broblemau drwy ddadansoddiadau ac archwilio posibiliadau
- Cyflwyniad - Gallu cyflwyno gwybodaeth ac esboniadau yn glir i gynulleidfa. Trwy gyfryngau ysgrifenedig neu ar lafar yn glir a hyderus.
- Rheloaeth - Gallu defnyddio, cydlynu a rheoli adnoddau (dynol, ffisegol ac/neu ariannol)
- Dadl - Gallu cyflwyno, trafod a chyfiawnhau barn neu lwybr gweithredu, naill ai gydag unigolyn neu mewn grwˆp ehangach
- Hunanymwybyddiaeth & Ystyried - Bod yn ymwybodol o'ch cryfderau, gwendidau, nodau ac amcanion eich hun. Gallu adolygu ,cloriannu a myfyrio'n rheolaidd ar eich perfformiad eich hun ac eraill.
Cyrsiau sy’n cynnwys y modiwl hwn
Gorfodol mewn cyrsiau:
- W6AG: MA Film Studies year 1 (MA/FILM)
- P3AS: MSc International Media & Management year 1 (MSC/IMEDM)
- P3AT: MSc Intl Media & Management (with Incorporated Pre-Masters) year 1 (MSC/IMM1)