International Experience 30
Rhedir gan School of Arts, Culture and Language
30.000 Credyd neu 15.000 Credyd ECTS
Semester 1 a 2
Trefnydd: Prof Chris Collins
The International Experience Placement modules provide an opportunity for students to gain subject-specific and general experience by working (or studying) abroad. The module will raise students' awareness of cross-cultural and transnational issues. It is expected that the modules, as part of their degree course, will enhance students’ knowledge and employment opportunities. These modules are NOT normally required for students who are studying at a university overseas, unless they fail to gain the required credits.
Each student will spend an extended period working (or studying) overseas. They will learn about the country in which they are based, including something of its language(s) (where applicable), its social norms and culture(s). Students are required to write an informed and incisive essay about key aspects of their experiences and field of activity while abroad.
Threshold (Grade D or C; mark range 40-59%) There are weaknesses in the way that the report is structured, resulting in repetition and/or lack of clarity. It contains descriptive text relating to the knowledge acquired by the student but with evidence that the descriptions have not been fully developed. There is only limited analysis of the cultural influences on the interpretation and application of experience and there is little evidence of critical evaluation. The report includes content in which the student evaluates the learning experience, mainly as a retrospective description of the placement experience with little emphasis on how the experiences have enhanced understanding.
Excellent (Grade A; mark range 70-100%)
The report is logically structured and with threads that create a holistic, coherent whole. It contains detailed and insightful descriptive and critical elements relating to the knowledge acquired by the student. There is a well argued, critical analysis of the cultural influences on the interpretation of experience and application of knowledge. The report includes substantial content in which the student evaluates the learning experience, both as a retrospective description of the placement experience and as a critical reflection on how the experiences have enhanced their knowledge and understanding.
Good (Grade B; mark range 60-69%)
The report is logically structured. It contains detailed text, with some critical elements, relating to the knowledge acquired by the student. There is analysis of the cultural influences on the interpretation of experience but critical evaluation is limited. The report includes substantial content in which the student evaluates the learning experience, mainly as a retrospective description of the placement with only some emphasis on how the experiences have enhanced understanding.
To be able to demonstrate acquisition of knowledge that will contribute to their general understanding of their degree subject area.
To have critically considered how professional situations and standards are influenced by multi-cultural and transnational issues.
To be able to demonstrate reflective evaluation of their learning experience in a general and subject-specific context.
|International Placement Essay||100.00|
Strategaeth addysgu a dysgu
- Llythrennedd - Medrusrwydd mewn darllen ac ysgrifennu drwy amrywiaeth o gyfryngau
- Hunanreolaeth - Gallu gweithio mewn ffordd effeithlon, prydlon a threfnus. Gallu edrych ar ganlyniadau tasgau a digwyddiadau, a barnu lefelau o ansawdd a phwysigrwydd
- Archwilio - Gallu ymchwilio ac ystyried dewisiadau eraill
- Adalw gwybodaeth - Gallu mynd at wahanol ac amrywiol ffynonellau gwybodaeth
- Sgiliau Rhyngbersonol - Gallu gofyn cwestiynau, gwrando'n astud ar atebion a'u harchwilio
- Dadansoddi Beirniadol & Datrys Problem - Gallu dadelfennu a dadansoddi problemau neu sefyllfaoedd cymhleth. Gallu canfod atebion i broblemau drwy ddadansoddiadau ac archwilio posibiliadau
- Ymwybyddiaeth o ddiogelwch - Bod yn ymwybodol o'ch amgylchedd a hyder o ran cadw at reoliadau iechyd a diogelwch
- Gwaith Tîm - Gallu cydweithio'n adeiladol ag eraill ar dasg gyffredin, ac/neu fod yn rhan o dîm gweithio o ddydd i ddydd
- Rheloaeth - Gallu defnyddio, cydlynu a rheoli adnoddau (dynol, ffisegol ac/neu ariannol)
- Dadl - Gallu cyflwyno, trafod a chyfiawnhau barn neu lwybr gweithredu, naill ai gydag unigolyn neu mewn grwˆp ehangach
- Hunanymwybyddiaeth & Ystyried - Bod yn ymwybodol o'ch cryfderau, gwendidau, nodau ac amcanion eich hun. Gallu adolygu ,cloriannu a myfyrio'n rheolaidd ar eich perfformiad eich hun ac eraill.
Sgiliau pwnc penodol
- Intellectual skills specific to Music – contextual knowledge, cultural awareness, critical understanding, repertoire knowledge, curiosity, analytical demonstration
- Intellectual skills shared with other disciplines – research and exploration, reasoning and logic, understanding, critical judgement, assimilation and application
- Skills of communication and interaction – oral and written communication, public presentation, team-working and collaboration, awareness of professional protocols, sensitivity, ICT skills, etc.
- Skills of personal management – self-motivation, self-critical awareness, independence, entrepreneurship and employment skills, time management and reliability, organisation, etc.
Cyrsiau sy’n cynnwys y modiwl hwn
Gorfodol mewn cyrsiau:
- 2W89: BA Film Studies (with International Experience) year 4 (BA/FSIE)
- W303: BA Music (with International Experience) year 4 (BA/MIE)
- 8U76: BA Media Studies (with International Experience) year 4 (BA/MSIE)