Rhedir gan School of Arts, Culture and Language
40.000 Credyd neu 20.000 Credyd ECTS
Semester 1 a 2
Trefnydd: Prof Andrew Lewis
- to build on and enhance research skills acquired in Year 2
- to enhance originality and depth of thought
- to enhance skills in dealing with issues in music, drama and/or performance
- to enhance skills in the search for use of primary and secondary scholarly material
- to refine skills in argument, writing and presentation
The dissertation is an independent piece of writing on a topic selected by the candidate in consultation with a member of staff and approved by the Board of Examiners. This selection and approval takes place in the summer term immediately preceding Year 3.
The dissertation should answer one (or more than one) specified research question. The work should take account of previous relevant research but demonstrate originality of mind in approach and argument. Credit will be given for quality of ideas, clarity and logic of argument and presentation, suitability of bibliography, and elegance of presentation.
The dissertation will be accompanied by seminars on the research, bibliography and methodology skills required for writing the dissertation.
D-: Work which displays basic, restricted knowledge of the subject, with simple ability at conceptual thought, and a limited awareness of issues, but has some evidence of a generally intellectual approach, with fair expression
B-: The work should display a sound grasp of the subject, a good level of conceptual thought, awareness of the main issues, with evidence of intellectual acumen and good expression
A: Work which displays a thorough grasp of the subject, with evidence of further study, deeper thought, originality of approach and excellent written skills
On completion of this module, students will be able to demonstrate possession of powers of sustained independent inquiry.
On completion of this module, students will be able to think in an original and profound manner.
On completion of this module, students will be able to devise, plan and execute an original research project from start to finish.
On completion of this module, students will be able to demonstrate advanced skills in the search for and the use of primary and secondary scholarly resources.
On completion of this module, students will be able to demonstrate possession of advanced communication skills, using appropriate conventions.
Written dissertation of 11,000-12,000 words, or equivalent length for analytical projects(80%),to be submitted Mondayof Week 12of Semester 2(testing learning outcomes 1-5).
Oral presentation of15-20 minutes in length on the topic and methodology of the dissertation (10%), delivered during the Assessment Periodof semester 1 (testing learning outcomes 1-5).
|ASESIAD FFURFIANNOL||Interim report||
Interim report on the subject of your research methodology, around 1,500 words in length (10%), to be submitted Monday of Week 13 of Semester 1 (testing learning outcomes 3-5)
Strategaeth addysgu a dysgu
Four seminars (1 hour each) in Semester 1
Individual supervisions with an allocated supervisor, amounting to a minimum total duration of 8 hours. It is the student's responsibility to arrange supervisions.
- Llythrennedd - Medrusrwydd mewn darllen ac ysgrifennu drwy amrywiaeth o gyfryngau
- Defnyddio cyfrifiaduron - Medrusrwydd wrth ddefnyddio ystod o feddalwedd cyfrifiadurol
- Hunanreolaeth - Gallu gweithio mewn ffordd effeithlon, prydlon a threfnus. Gallu edrych ar ganlyniadau tasgau a digwyddiadau, a barnu lefelau o ansawdd a phwysigrwydd
- Archwilio - Gallu ymchwilio ac ystyried dewisiadau eraill
- Adalw gwybodaeth - Gallu mynd at wahanol ac amrywiol ffynonellau gwybodaeth
- Sgiliau Rhyngbersonol - Gallu gofyn cwestiynau, gwrando'n astud ar atebion a'u harchwilio
- Dadansoddi Beirniadol & Datrys Problem - Gallu dadelfennu a dadansoddi problemau neu sefyllfaoedd cymhleth. Gallu canfod atebion i broblemau drwy ddadansoddiadau ac archwilio posibiliadau
- Cyflwyniad - Gallu cyflwyno gwybodaeth ac esboniadau yn glir i gynulleidfa. Trwy gyfryngau ysgrifenedig neu ar lafar yn glir a hyderus.
- Rheloaeth - Gallu defnyddio, cydlynu a rheoli adnoddau (dynol, ffisegol ac/neu ariannol)
- Dadl - Gallu cyflwyno, trafod a chyfiawnhau barn neu lwybr gweithredu, naill ai gydag unigolyn neu mewn grwˆp ehangach
- Hunanymwybyddiaeth & Ystyried - Bod yn ymwybodol o'ch cryfderau, gwendidau, nodau ac amcanion eich hun. Gallu adolygu ,cloriannu a myfyrio'n rheolaidd ar eich perfformiad eich hun ac eraill.
Sgiliau pwnc penodol
- Musicianship skills – recognition, classification, contextualisation, reconstruction, exploration
- Intellectual skills specific to Music – contextual knowledge, cultural awareness, critical understanding, repertoire knowledge, curiosity, analytical demonstration
- Technological skills – digital capture, digital expression, digital innovation
- Intellectual skills shared with other disciplines – research and exploration, reasoning and logic, understanding, critical judgement, assimilation and application
- Skills of communication and interaction – oral and written communication, public presentation, team-working and collaboration, awareness of professional protocols, sensitivity, ICT skills, etc.
- Skills of personal management – self-motivation, self-critical awareness, independence, entrepreneurship and employment skills, time management and reliability, organisation, etc.
- Enhanced powers of imagination and creativity (4.17)
Rhestrau Darllen Bangor (Talis)http://readinglists.bangor.ac.uk/modules/wxm-3277.html
Rhagofynion a Chydofynion
Cyrsiau sy’n cynnwys y modiwl hwn
Gorfodol mewn cyrsiau:
- W3P3: BA Astudiaethau'r Cyfr & Cherdd year 3 (BA/ACC)
- WW93: BA Creative Studies and Music year 3 (BA/CSTMUS)
- 32N6: BA English Literature and Music year 3 (BA/ELM)
- 32N7: BA English Literature & Music with International Experience year 3 (BA/ELMIE)
- VW23: BA Hanes Cymru a Cherddoriaeth year 3 (BA/HCAC)
- VW13: BA History and Music year 3 (BA/HMU)
- VW14: BA History and Music with International Experience year 3 (BA/HMUIE)
- W3H6: BA Music and Electronic Engineering year 3 (BA/MEE)
- WV33: Music & Hist & Welsh Hist (IE) year 4 (BA/MHIE)
- W303: BA Music (with International Experience) year 3 (BA/MIE)
- PW33: BA Media Studies and Music year 3 (BA/MSMUS)
- RW13: BA Music/French year 4 (BA/MUFR)
- WR32: BA Music/German year 4 (BA/MUGE)
- WR33: BA Music/Italian year 4 (BA/MUIT)
- W300: BA Music year 3 (BA/MUS)
- WW38: BA Music and Creative Writing year 3 (BA/MUSCW)
- W30F: BA Music [with Foundation Year] year 3 (BA/MUSF)
- WW36: BA Music and Film Studies year 3 (BA/MUSFS)
- WR34: BA Music/Spanish year 4 (BA/MUSP)
- VVW3: BA Philosophy and Religion and Music year 3 (BA/PRM)
- VW2H: BA Welsh History and Music year (BA/WHMU)
- QW53: BA Cymraeg/Music year 3 (BA/WMU)
- W304: BMus Music (with International Experience) year 3 (BMUS/MIE)
- W302: BMUS Music year 3 (BMUS/MUS)
- W32F: BMus Music [with Foundation Year] year 3 (BMUS/MUSF)
- H6W3: BSc Electronic Engineering and Music year 3 (BSC/EEM)