Rhedir gan School of Educational Sciences
20.000 Credyd neu 10.000 Credyd ECTS
Trefnydd: Dr Susan Jones
This module is designed to meet the needs of students (especially those from overseas) who are following the MA in Education Studies programme with a view to pursuing a career in education, possibly as teachers. It will allow students to experience the British education system and critically analyse and reflect upon those experiences."
In semester 1 2020 lectures wiere timetabled as being on-line due to COVID 19 restrictions. The learning outcomes for this module can be met fully in this way and we will return to campus learning as soon as it is safe to do so. Any planned visits to schools will be replaced with on-line input from professionals in schools to enable students to engage with current educational practice".If necessary in 2021, we will be able to move back to on-line learning.
Before placement: Preparation for placement experience (including code of conduct, child protection, health and safety issues etc.)
To understand how to critically analyse and reflect upon experiences on placement
To become familiar with the educational institution and the staff
To understand the various roles and responsibilities of staff and the staff structure of the institution.
To observe how various elements of the Curriculum are organized and compare that with curriculum theory.
To observe best practice with regards to teaching and learning.
To observe how national and/or institutional priorities are delivered.
To examine how the institution ensures the balanced development of its pupils/students.
To examine how the institution assesses progress and reports to students etc.
To examine how the institution provides for inclusion.
To relate the institution’s ethos to the mission statement and its academic and pastoral programmes.
To achieve understanding of the dual role of the tutor: pastoral and administrative.
To achieve understanding of management and leadership.
To examine how the institution provides for bilingual education.
To take part in a short presentation for staff and/or students.
During the university sessions:
To review experiences to date.
To ensure reflective logs include critical analysis and reflections are tied to the underlying theory.
To review what further experiences would be helpful to their development.
40-49%, Fail: Some consideration given to planning and structure, limited in depth of analysis and use of research, but demonstrating some understanding of the subject matter.
30-39%, Fail: Below the threshold level for Masters’, despite showing a little evidence of relevant study and knowledge.
0-30%, Fail: Seriously deficient, lacking any real evidence of subject knowledge or understanding.
60-69%, Merit: Shows significant insight, offers sustained and relevant analysis, well researched and referenced and written with a clear structure and style.
50-59%, Pass: Clear evidence of planning leading to a good structure, sound understanding of theories and analysis, and good use of research supported by appropriate evidence.
70-100%, Distinction: Outstanding work which demonstrates exceptional scholarship and is worthy of publication, or instrumental in developing professional practice.
70-84%, Distinction: Demonstrates excellence in power of analysis, argument, originality, range of research, organisation and stylistic quality.
Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of the complexity and interconnectedness issues of educational issues.
Critically analyse and reflect upon their experiences on placement (including comparing current practice to their own experiences/home educational system) in the light of background reading.
Demonstrate a systematic knowledge and understanding of current educational practice in an educational institution.
Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of best practice with regards to teaching and learning.
Strategaeth addysgu a dysgu
Child Protection guidelines.
Preparation for placement experience.
How to keep a reflective log.
How to critically analyse and reflect upon experiences on placement
Observations at school/nursery (to include discussions related to educational issues with senior staff).
- Llythrennedd - Medrusrwydd mewn darllen ac ysgrifennu drwy amrywiaeth o gyfryngau
- Defnyddio cyfrifiaduron - Medrusrwydd wrth ddefnyddio ystod o feddalwedd cyfrifiadurol
- Hunanreolaeth - Gallu gweithio mewn ffordd effeithlon, prydlon a threfnus. Gallu edrych ar ganlyniadau tasgau a digwyddiadau, a barnu lefelau o ansawdd a phwysigrwydd
- Archwilio - Gallu ymchwilio ac ystyried dewisiadau eraill
- Adalw gwybodaeth - Gallu mynd at wahanol ac amrywiol ffynonellau gwybodaeth
- Sgiliau Rhyngbersonol - Gallu gofyn cwestiynau, gwrando'n astud ar atebion a'u harchwilio
- Dadansoddi Beirniadol & Datrys Problem - Gallu dadelfennu a dadansoddi problemau neu sefyllfaoedd cymhleth. Gallu canfod atebion i broblemau drwy ddadansoddiadau ac archwilio posibiliadau
- Ymwybyddiaeth o ddiogelwch - Bod yn ymwybodol o'ch amgylchedd a hyder o ran cadw at reoliadau iechyd a diogelwch
- Cyflwyniad - Gallu cyflwyno gwybodaeth ac esboniadau yn glir i gynulleidfa. Trwy gyfryngau ysgrifenedig neu ar lafar yn glir a hyderus.
- Gwaith Tîm - Gallu cydweithio'n adeiladol ag eraill ar dasg gyffredin, ac/neu fod yn rhan o dîm gweithio o ddydd i ddydd
- Dadl - Gallu cyflwyno, trafod a chyfiawnhau barn neu lwybr gweithredu, naill ai gydag unigolyn neu mewn grwˆp ehangach
- Hunanymwybyddiaeth & Ystyried - Bod yn ymwybodol o'ch cryfderau, gwendidau, nodau ac amcanion eich hun. Gallu adolygu ,cloriannu a myfyrio'n rheolaidd ar eich perfformiad eich hun ac eraill.
Sgiliau pwnc penodol
- Show originality in the application of subject specific knowledge and understanding.
- Adapt and transfer ideas from one educational context to another.
- Identify problems, evaluate solutions and critique research associated with educational practice.
- Acquire and analyse data in an educational context.
- Adopt an ethically sound approach to research with children and vulnerable adults.
Goblygiadau o ran adnoddau ar gyfer myfyrwyr
Students must find their own way to the school/nursery/educational establishment placement.