Emotional Health, Mental Health, and Wellbeing
Emotional Health, Mental Health, and Wellbeing 2022-23
School Of Educational Sciences
Module - PGT
This module aims to critically examine the international research on emotional health, mental health and well-being to explore this evidence base from multiple perspectives and from different contexts. The module aims to extend and deepen students' knowledge, understanding but also will also allow students to appraise different approaches to dealing with emotional health, mental health and wellbeing that could be applicable to their professional context or setting.
Threshold PASS C- to C+ range 50-59% has weaknesses in arguments and limited background reading and knowledge
Merit B- to B+ range 60-69% Answer is focused with good structure arguments are presented coherently good command of subject but with some gaps in knowledge
Distinction A- to A* range 70-100% Highly focussed and accurate work demonstrating wider reading and some original input
- Critically evaluate a range of early interventions in relation to the promotion and protection of child / adolescent mental health and wellbeing, whilst also assessing the evidence concerning the efficacy of a range of preventative measures.
- Critically evaluate a range of theories that apply to issues of wellbeing within education and the inter-relationships that impact negatively upon children’s wellbeing.
- Critically evaluate and (where appropriate) apply their knowledge of the theories and international evidence (relating to emotional health, mental health and wellbeing) to their personal /professional context.
- Critically examine current legislation, policy and practice concerning models of health and wellbeing, happiness, resilience and children’s rights, and the research evidence base that supports them, using selected international models as comparative, contextual frameworks.
- Critically examine the international research on emotional health, mental health and well-being to gain multiple perspectives.
Logbook Or Portfolio
Portfolio 1. A presentation for educational professionals in student’s own context, focused on supporting emotional and mental health and wellbeing. 2. An analytical commentary to support the presentation, anchoring it in relevant theoretical sources, research evidence and policy documentation.