Welcome to Bangor Psychology
The School of Psychology at Bangor University is one the oldest and most prestigious Schools in the UK. For over 50 years students from all over the world have graduated from Bangor and as a result gone on to achieve great success in their chosen careers. A degree from Bangor Psychology carries with it the weight of a globally well know department. For more reasons why we think you should consider studying with us click here.
Courses Available to International Students
All our undergraduate and postgraduate courses are accessible to international students with BSc Psychology, MSc Consumer Psychology and Business and MSc Clinical and Health Psychology proving particularly popular.
International Academic Tutor
Dr Azlina Amir Kassim is the our dedicated international tutor who offers our students a source of expert academic and personal advice which can be really useful to students as they settle in to studying in the UK. As you go through your studies with us you will get to know Azlina very well through regular catch up meetings that will ensure you are happy and progressing well. If you have any questions before you arrive then you can email Dr Azlina Amir Kassim or phone: +44 (0)1248 388858.
Information for Erasmus Students
The School of Psychology has participated in the Erasmus Exchange Programme since 1991. If you are currently a student at any of the Schools partner institutions, you could come on an exchange visit to the School of Psychology, Bangor University for a semester. For more information about the programme click here, or email Dr Viktor, International Academic Tutor.
1+2 & 2+1 Articulation agreement with HELP University in Malaysia
Students who study Psychology on HELP University's Psychology Programme, the largest and most established Psychology programme in Malaysia can transfer into the 2nd or 3rd year at Bangor as long as they attain a minimum GPA of 2.7. This gives students an excellent opportunity to begin their studies in an excellent Malaysian psychology department and to finish them in one of the UK's most highly ranked psychology departments. Graduates from these routes will be eligible for the British Psychological Society Graduate Basis for Chartered membership (GBC) in the same way as graduate who have been at Bangor for the full 3 years.
HELP Students Talk about their time at Bangor
Find Out More
Below you will find a number of links that will take you to key pages that you may find useful
- FAQ’s – Frequently asked questions
- International Student Guide - Download our e-brochure for an overview of Bangor.
- Facebook - Like our 'Bangor University International' page.
- Bangor International Psychology Student Society Facebook group – Site for applicants and current overseas Psychology students – closed group that accepts request to join from prospective and current students.
- International Newsletter - Keep up to date with the latest news at Bangor.
- Student Videos - Bangor has a long and established track record as a place of excellence for international students to study. View the videos and find out what our students think.
- Videos and Tours - Find out why Bangor has something for everyone!
- Undergraduate and Postgraduate Psychology Student Profiles – See what our students have to say
- International Student Ambassador Profiles - Many international students have been chosen to represent the University as Ambassadors and support students throughout their studies.
- Virtual Open Day – Visit Bangor from your computer
- Entry Requirements – General information on academic and English language requirements
- English Language Centre for Overseas Students - details of all English language courses are available at Bangor
- Fees and Scholarships – General information about fees and funding. You should also have a look at the Psychology undergraduate and postgraduate scholarships information
Other Useful Links
International Education Centre
For more information about applying visit the International Education Centre's website.
For more information about the support on offer to international students at Bangor, visit the International Welfare pages.
Nikolaos BSc Psychology
Listen to why Nicholas thinks Bangor is a great place for international students.